Fast forwarding and duration issues in recordings
I recently updated my Kodi from 17.6 to 18.2 , I had frame drop ( which made the live TV and recordings jerky) and a couple other issues with the NextPVR add-on when 18 first came out so I dropped back to 17.6 then.  Now since 18.2 is out I felt like it would be safe to update again.  Overall Kodi does seems more stable and less prone to stop responding to my IR remote.  But I do still have some of the same issues with the NextPVR add-on that I didn't have in 17.6.  While I haven't watched any live TV yet, the other issues are still there, fast forwarding through a recording causes Kodi to crash, and I like to edit out the commercials so the duration of the resultant video is actually shorter but that isn't reflected in the duration reported to Kodi so it doesn't show the show as watched, but in progress.  Neither of these were issues in 17.6.  I'm on the current version of both the add-on, as I just updated earlier this week, and the NextPVR backend software is the latest release as well.  Nothing settings wise has changed on the back end since I updated Kodi.  I don't make any changes in the add-on other than to specify the address of the computer running NextPVR
Are you cutting the commercials without remuxing the ts file?

Martin
(2019-06-09, 04:54)emveepee Wrote: Are you cutting the commercials without remuxing the ts file?

Martin
Nope, i'm remuxing but even with an unadulterated recording, it still crashes on FF.  This is on x64 Kodi, I'm planning on testing this with x86 in the next couple days.
The plugin doesn't get involved in the FF quick play that would be a Kodi issue.  As for the time issue, the duration does come from the database so that would be up to sub to update the backend to change it.

Martin
(2019-06-11, 14:46)emveepee Wrote: The plugin doesn't get involved in the FF quick play that would be a Kodi issue.  As for the time issue, the duration does come from the database so that would be up to sub to update the backend to change it.

Martin

I just downgraded back to 17.6 and everything's fine, guess I'll wait and try 18.3 or maybe I'll just stay on 17.6
Hi,

I don't use the same PVR. Here is TV-Mosaic the PVR. But the same Problem with Skip an FF and FR together with 18.2. But... If I use Rendering by Software, it works without Problems. Only DXVA makes Trouble

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
Since you both are talking about Kodi core functionality you are posting in the wrong sub-forum.  You need to raise and issue with the appropriate information because if there is a issue, it won't get fixed with simple discussion.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast forwarding and duration issues in recordings0