Is it possible for Kodi media Source to accept media from two DIFFERENT hard drives
Hi
I have my media stored in one 4gb hard drive (movies,documentaries,etc). Kodi (on my android box) has scraped this for me as the media source and I have used smart playlists to separate them to movies,documentaries,etc.  Kodi displays it like Netflix interface with the posters.

Now, I am running out of space on the hard drive and want to shift my documentaries to another hard drive. But I can get Kodi to scrape it but cannot add it to smart playlist,since Kodi uses only one media source for all its files for its media library. Using a smart playlist with display makes videos easier to choose and I'd like to see if I can get them.

Am I missing a trick here? Can Kodi accept media source from two different hard drives for its media library ?

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards
You can add one or more network locations, internal and/or external drives when adding a video source (say Movies).

Shifting media from one drive to another is possible, but you will need to rescrape & clean the video library after that.
(2019-06-06, 23:57)Klojum Wrote: You can add one or more network locations, internal and/or external drives when adding a video source (say Movies).

Shifting media from one drive to another is possible, but you will need to rescrape & clean the video library after that.

Thanks. But rescrapeing would mean I'd lose the previous library. Or in other words, after loading my movies from one drive, if I want to scrape my documentaries from another drive, I'd lose the movies, isn't it ?
Any smart ways to bypass that and allow simultaneous media input from two different drives ?
(2019-06-07, 14:19)elviseats Wrote: Thanks. But rescrapeing would mean I'd lose the previous library

No. You keep the same library. You move the videos to their new location. You tell Kodi to clean the video library, and then you update the video library. That should do it.
I said rescraping, I meant updating. Sorry.

(2019-06-07, 14:19)elviseats Wrote: Or in other words, after loading my movies from one drive, if I want to scrape my documentaries from another drive, I'd lose the movies, isn't it ?

No, Kodi has no content provider for 'documentaries', afaik. It's either movies, music videos or tv shows, it all goes into 1 video database.

(2019-06-07, 14:19)elviseats Wrote: Any smart ways to bypass that and allow simultaneous media input from two different drives ?

Already explained. You can add several paths to a video source. You can also add another separate video source for documentaries, but you still need to identify them as movies or tv shows when choosing the content/provider.
(2019-06-07, 15:48)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-07, 14:19)elviseats Wrote: Thanks. But rescrapeing would mean I'd lose the previous library

No. You keep the same library. You move the videos to their new location. You tell Kodi to clean the video library, and then you update the video library. That should do it.
I said rescraping, I meant updating. Sorry.
(2019-06-07, 14:19)elviseats Wrote: Or in other words, after loading my movies from one drive, if I want to scrape my documentaries from another drive, I'd lose the movies, isn't it ?

No, Kodi has no content provider for 'documentaries', afaik. It's either movies, music videos or tv shows, it all goes into 1 video database.
(2019-06-07, 14:19)elviseats Wrote: Any smart ways to bypass that and allow simultaneous media input from two different drives ?

Already explained. You can add several paths to a video source. You can also add another separate video source for documentaries, but you still need to identify them as movies or tv shows when choosing the content/provider. 

Thanks Klojum,
I'll give it a try this weekend and get back to you if I run into problems. Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible for Kodi media Source to accept media from two DIFFERENT hard drives0