Resume for DVD .iso rips not working
This has been an issue for me for some time now, but I'm only just now getting around to reporting it. I'd like to know if others can reproduce it, in which case I'll file a formal bug report.

Very simply, the (video) resume functionality stopped working some time ago, but only and exclusively for DVD .iso rips.  (MP4 files and other types of video files are not affected.)  Instead of resuming where you stopped watching, .iso files are "resumed" from the very beginning of the video.

This used to actually work properly, but it appears to have gotten broken somehow, just for DVD .iso files, perhaps with the advent of Kodi 18.x.

Can others reproduce this?

I've seen the problem now both with a recent release of LibreELEC and also on Linux/Ubuntu(16.04) with Kodi 18.2.
On a Windows v.19 nightly install, using a Blu-ray iso rip, resume from xx:xx:xx is met with Playback of Blu-ray Failed - The Menu of This Blu-ray is Not Supported pop-up.  Been this way a long time.  The only other choice is to use Play From the Beginning.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-06-08, 16:15)brazen1 Wrote: On a Windows v.19 nightly install, using a Blu-ray iso rip, resume from xx:xx:xx is met with Playback of Blu-ray Failed - The Menu of This Blu-ray is Not Supported pop-up.  Been this way a long time.  The only other choice is to use Play From the Beginning.

Well, now you're talking about BluRay ISOs, which, as I'm sure you know, have a seriously different (and possibly more problematic) internal structure from DVD ISOs.  But anyway, it does sound to me like you're giving me somewhat of a confirmation of the issue/problem.

So, when you say "Been this way a long time", that makes it sound like this is a Known Issue.  Is there already a formal bugreport open on this?  I don't want to file a duplicate if there is already an open bugreport in the system.
(2019-06-08, 08:46)ronbaby Wrote: This has been an issue for me for some time now, but I'm only just now getting around to reporting it. I'd like to know if others can reproduce it, in which case I'll file a formal bug report.

Very simply, the (video) resume functionality stopped working some time ago, but only and exclusively for DVD .iso rips.  (MP4 files and other types of video files are not affected.)  Instead of resuming where you stopped watching, .iso files are "resumed" from the very beginning of the video.

This used to actually work properly, but it appears to have gotten broken somehow, just for DVD .iso files, perhaps with the advent of Kodi 18.x.

Can others reproduce this?

I've seen the problem now both with a recent release of LibreELEC and also on Linux/Ubuntu(16.04) with Kodi 18.2.

Currently running Kodi 18.5 (same problem also exists with Coreelec). When I run and stop an DVD.iso rip, I can resume from the stopped place as long as I don't watch any other media (MKV, MP4 etc) first. However if I stop an DVD.iso rip, then watch another media, and then go back to the DVD.iso, it shows the resume option, however even selecting the resume option always brings me back to the very beginning of the video.

This didn't happen with Kodi 17.6. Anyone suggestions. Thanks
(2019-12-23, 15:10)satelly Wrote: Currently running Kodi 18.5 (same problem also exists with Coreelec). When I run and stop an DVD.iso rip, I can resume from the stopped place as long as I don't watch any other media (MKV, MP4 etc) first. However if I stop an DVD.iso rip, then watch another media, and then go back to the DVD.iso, it shows the resume option, however even selecting the resume option always brings me back to the very beginning of the video.

Anyone can help with this. Thanks
(2019-12-29, 02:56)satelly Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 15:10)satelly Wrote: Currently running Kodi 18.5 (same problem also exists with Coreelec). When I run and stop an DVD.iso rip, I can resume from the stopped place as long as I don't watch any other media (MKV, MP4 etc) first. However if I stop an DVD.iso rip, then watch another media, and then go back to the DVD.iso, it shows the resume option, however even selecting the resume option always brings me back to the very beginning of the video.

Anyone can help with this. Thanks 
Just an update and question. Have now tried 18.6 and alpha build of 19 (dated 7/4/2020) and still the same problem where the DVD iso restarts at the beginning even when you select the resume from option. I assume that Kodi 18 is unlikely to get this fixed but wondering where do I post this (and a debug log) so that it can get look at for Kodi 19.

Thanks
You can create an Issue report on Github. Use the Bug Tracker button at the top of the page.

You can post your Debug Log here also
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-07, 21:50)Karellen Wrote: You can create an Issue report on Github. Use the Bug Tracker button at the top of the page.

You can post your Debug Log here also

Thanks Karellen,

I was looking at Github and searched Kodi but couldn't find the Bug Tracker button. I found this page https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues, is this the right page. Also do I post the link to the Debug Log on this Kodi forum or just on Github.
(2020-04-08, 02:10)satelly Wrote: I found this page https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues, is this the right page
Yes that is the correct page. Clicking on "Bug Tracker" top left of this page near the Kodi logo will also take you there.

(2020-04-08, 02:10)satelly Wrote: Also do I post the link to the Debug Log on this Kodi forum or just on Github.
Post the link here first, and I will quickly check it to ensure it is correctly created. Then you can post it at Github after I check it Smile Just make sure Debug mode is enabled in Settings>System Settings>Loggings, restart kodi and then try playing and resuming your movie.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-08, 02:29)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 02:10)satelly Wrote: I found this page https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues, is this the right page
Yes that is the correct page. Clicking on "Bug Tracker" top left of this page near the Kodi logo will also take you there.
(2020-04-08, 02:10)satelly Wrote: Also do I post the link to the Debug Log on this Kodi forum or just on Github.
Post the link here first, and I will quickly check it to ensure it is correctly created. Then you can post it at Github after I check it Smile Just make sure Debug mode is enabled in Settings>System Settings>Loggings, restart kodi and then try playing and resuming your movie.    
Just noticed the Bug Tracker at the top of the Kodi forum. I was looking for it on Github.

This is the debug log : https://paste.kodi.tv/ixivubebiq

I played A Bug's Life (iso), stopped and resumed and it continued at the correct place.

I then played Angry Bird's Movie (mkv), stopped and resumed and it continued at the correct place.

I went back to A Bug's Life and resumed, however it went back to the main menu (which is the starting of the iso, as I have selected for Kodi to try and skip to the main menu).

This summarises what happens with any video iso. There is no problem resuming if no other videos are played in the interim. However, if another video is played, then returning to video iso does not recognise the resume function.

Note this happens with Kodi 18.6 and 19 alpha. It doesn't happen with Kodi 17.6 which resumes correctly.
(2020-04-08, 15:15)satelly Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 02:29)Karellen Wrote:
Just noticed the Bug Tracker at the top of the Kodi forum. I was looking for it on Github.

This is the debug log : https://paste.kodi.tv/ixivubebiq

I played A Bug's Life (iso), stopped and resumed and it continued at the correct place.

I then played Angry Bird's Movie (mkv), stopped and resumed and it continued at the correct place.

I went back to A Bug's Life and resumed, however it went back to the main menu (which is the starting of the iso, as I have selected for Kodi to try and skip to the main menu).

This summarises what happens with any video iso. There is no problem resuming if no other videos are played in the interim. However, if another video is played, then returning to video iso does not recognise the resume function.

Note this happens with Kodi 18.6 and 19 alpha. It doesn't happen with Kodi 17.6 which resumes correctly. 

Hi Karellen,

Just wondering if you have had a chance to look at the log.

Thanks
Sorry @satelly I lost track of this thread.

Yes the log is created correctly. I had a look through but I could not diagnose the problem, but hopefully one of the developers will have a better understanding when they come to look at it.

Thanks.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume for DVD .iso rips not working0