big problem <= A totally meaningless thread title
ok I'm new to kodi so keep that in mind Smile

i have all my music on mij NAS, and i had Itunes on my devices... running ok
Bought a new TV with android, and my Iphone has died, and Itunes will stop in time...

So Now I'm starting with kodi.
Works great for my films, but for music, well it isn't really made for that is it?

So i was experimenting a bit with music brainz
Came back to Itunes... on a pc downstairs, shit what happened? nearly 50 % of the music isn't found any more Smile  It's still in the folders on the nas thankfully.
I think musicbrainz did that, but i'm not sure... Smile

I do not use apple shit any more and Itunes will stop in time.

Now the big problem...
I like kodi very much, but it is not really made for use on a pc I think? Doen's look as great as it does on my TV, and the same for the music.

In my living room where the TV is I use it because my receiver has no HDMI so i use the TV with kodi over there for the music with an optic cable.

So now on my main pc and the one downstairs is I tunes still running, but can't find most of my music any more.. ( did my experimenting with musicbrainz did that?)

Now i need for those pc's a good music player... films and stuff like that not needed over there
What's a good one?
Read something's about music bees and mediamonkey

So keep in mind all my music is on my Nas... I need it for 2 pc's but if I can also put it on my android tv ( sony) would also be nice

how would you handle the problem, what are my best options??

thanks in advance Smile
If you had Picard set to RENAME or MOVE your music files, then yes MusicBrainz Picard is why you now find that iTunes can't locate your music as the physical files moved.

But if you are finding Picard was tagging your folders correctly, then this is a good positive move.  Once you work out where Picard moved the files to you can then get KODI to scan that folder and read in the tags.  KODI makes a LOT of use of the MusicBrainz tags.

KODI is great as a music library - but you need to spend time with the music files to make sure they are correctly tagged.  This could be quite a messy mission - it depends on what kind of music you currently have indexed in iTunes.

Worth having a look at YATSE APP in Android\iOS as this is a very useful remote control app you can put on a tablet and\or phone.  Make playing the music easier.

The default ESTUARY skin for KODI is weird to use on a PC as it has been designed to operate through a remote control on a TV screen.  Maybe worth looking at Confluence the previous skin which was a little more mouse friendly.

Personally I have an old PC attached to my TV running KODI.  This pulls in music files from a different PC via SMB (operating like a NAS really).

I then use KODI's web interface to control it.  Or YATSE on the tablet.

I push music to other rooms via Bluetooth speakers attached to the central PC.  (Actually full size speakers using a £20 Bluetooth adaptor)

ALL speakers are attached to this central PC. 
* The main speakers are a surround sound system via an AV amp.
* Other rooms in my house have Bluetooth adapters attached to speakers
* Speakers on the Fridge
* Speakers in the Bedroon (directly above the PC in the front room)

KODI's interface lets me swap speakers fairly easily (and there are addons that make it easier)

So moving audio around on my setup is easy.

In your example you want to push the audio to different PCs.  Certainly worth checking out the Web Interfaces as it may be that one or both of those PCs don't need full KODI but could just use the web browser to play that music locally?
There are many other combinations that work on a PC fine.  No need to abandon KODI yet.  Smile  Just needs some adjustment to make it all work smoothly together.  It is certainly worth the effort.

Details on that Web Interface
https://kodi.tv/article/new-webinterface-called-chorus2
lol sorry for the title Smile

thanks  very much for the info
kodi is much bigger then you see on first sight I think

I give it some thought, what's the best thing for me...
and no worries I like kodi for my films, for the rest I will give it some studies

thanks!
(2019-06-11, 08:48)stapper56 Wrote: lol sorry for the title
Yes, 'very funny'. Don't do that again.
(2019-06-11, 08:48)stapper56 Wrote: lol sorry for the title Smile
You just learnt the way to get no responses...
(2019-06-11, 08:48)stapper56 Wrote: thanks  very much for the info
kodi is much bigger then you see on first sight I think

I give it some thought, what's the best thing for me...
and no worries I like kodi for my films, for the rest I will give it some studies

thanks!
KODI is huge. And covers so many different needs that it is very tricky to get into it initially as it is hard to know where to start. Approach it in small chunks. It also makes it easier to understand that way, and more chance to get help in the forum with a narrower question.

Remember - you are migrating from a dumb simple to use shopping tool called "iTunes". That bit of software is designed for you to buy music and keep you in their corner. The "i" in iTunes stands for Idiot.

Moving to KODI is a big step up as you end up needing to learn ideas of tagging, databases, and all kinds of tricks. But in the end you have a far better more customised and fine tuned system that fits your needs instead of a company selling expensive phones.
A bit of light reading for you to guide you through the setup process... HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki)

Also, you should find most of the links in My Signature of use.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Lol for Idiots Smile

ah well is was rather lazy, and it fulfilled my needs at that moment, so it did what it had to do.
I like Kodi, that's why I spent do much time in it, now to get is so far that it does it for me.

Hello @Karellen again...
I did my part on reading about the .nfo files...movies and tv shows are all working, 2 I still have to adapt that .nfo file
( have a few questions on that later, but that's in the other topic)

Ok i was a frustrated idiot with the music I admit it haha, i got lost on the way

So it it's ok i have another idiotic Question... Smile

I have a party next Saturday, so in the room i have to access the receiver through kodi
i was making a playlist manual, and I saved that playlist, so far so good...
Now i want to choose more numbers for that list, and then save it to that existing list I all ready made...
How Huh??
i can save it but then i get a new playlist..
How can i get that new numbers in the all ready existing list?? I searched the wiki but i can't find it......Lord help me Smile

Anyway's thanks for the help both.....
See https://www.androidcentral.com/how-creat...lists-kodi in Section How to create a permanent playlist for Step 3 instead of Tap New playlist you select the playlist you saved in order to edit it.
(2019-06-11, 14:09)stapper56 Wrote: I did my part on reading about the .nfo files...movies and tv shows are all working, 2 I still have to adapt that .nfo file
( have a few questions on that later, but that's in the other topic)
Now you are on the music side you'll need to start again with how things are done. It is all subtly different on this side of KODI due to the availability of tags in the files.

On the Video side it is all about file names and .nfo files. Fairly simple.  On the Music side it is about tags in the files but an .nfo file can be used if you want to. Much easier to keep the tags in the files up to date.  (Though get ready with confusions caused by editing tags after they have been scanned...)
(2019-06-11, 14:09)stapper56 Wrote: Ok i was a frustrated idiot with the music I admit it haha, i got lost on the way
I have changed and restarted how I organise my music in KODI two or three times now as I better learn how KODI organises things. It is very different to the dumb old "heap of files on the PC" system we have used in the past. So much more linked online and fancy rich images to be had once we adjust to how KODI wants to find the data.  Just so much nicer to dig through a collection this way.  So much more info on screen.  Especially thanks to some of the names popped up in this thread too 

(2019-06-11, 14:09)stapper56 Wrote: So if it's ok i have another idiotic Question... Smile
They are not idiotic questions. Lack of knowledge does not mean idiot...  you just asked in an idiotic way Wink
(2019-06-11, 14:09)stapper56 Wrote: I have a party next Saturday, so in the room i have to access the receiver through kodi
BIG tip... before the day get some experience with the Android based remote controls. May well save you from a few headaches.  Means you can also mess with the play lists from a distance...
hello again,

ah well, i was a bit frustrated i think...
A lot of info and things to do are coming up to me..

The thing is, i just bought a new tv sony 4 k with android, so i had a lot to do over there in the living room.
Then because i use a Nas, i had to follow a tutorial to get the database over there on the NAS.
luckily I have some site's running over there in SQL so the database was already there, just had to make that advancedsettings.xml fill it in, and kodi did the last part, making to databases over there, so that's ok now.

In the past I had an Bluetooth device on one of the ports of my receiver, so I could take my phone and get the music over there, could not make the connection to the NAS because the yamaha 6.1 has no HDMI.
So then when the new TV came, I made an connection from the tv to receiver with an optic cable, which works really nice.

My main pc and the TV are running the same database now, just what I needed.
Main pc has VPN, so I get my stuff from internet of course and put it on the NAS

TV is still running through Wi-Fi, and I don't like that, 4k through Wi-Fi is not an option, but have to buy a switch to get more ports. That one will have to wait.

Then i experimented with musicbrain, and lost the library of the Itunes... ( have an itunes server running on the NAS), and that party is coming up.... Smile
Ohw shit hahahaha, the stress level, was going high....I have a house with three floors, and the NAS is delivering to all of them.

could not transport my playlists from Itunes to kodi any more, so those are gone for ever Smile
ah well cry a little bit and start over....

I have to focus on the music for now the party is Saturday lol..

2 questions:

I made a playlist with a few numbers and when I close kodi and start again, it's there so that's ok
But then when I start queuing ( is that the word? I'm Dutch, sorry) and i want to add it to the just made playlist, I can forget it. I just see the option to make a new playlist and I want to add it to the one I all ready have.

I saw that explanation some one else posted here, tried it but for the love of God i can not add it to the playlist I all ready have
I must be blind or had a small tia in the brain... ( i hope not Smile )
Anyway's can you explain it to me, in a few simple steps, because i really do not see it.

last question, is kodi writing that playlist in a .txt file or something like that? because I noticed that playlist is not in the database on the NAS
what I mean is, is it possible to make the playlist on kodi on the PC and then transport that playlist to the kodi on the TV?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.......
(2019-06-13, 08:43)stapper56 Wrote: last question, is kodi writing that playlist in a .txt file or something like that?
It writes either an m3u or xml file depending on whether you are using a Basic Playlist or Smart Playlist. They are located in your Userdata (wiki) folder under Playlists/Music

(2019-06-13, 08:43)stapper56 Wrote: what I mean is, is it possible to make the playlist on kodi on the PC and then transport that playlist to the kodi on the TV?
Should be able to, but you better ensure the paths to the music files are the same. If you created on your local pc using local address, but then move to another pc that accesses the files using SMB (for example) then it wont work.

(2019-06-13, 08:43)stapper56 Wrote: I saw that explanation some one else posted here, tried it but for the love of God i can not add it to the playlist I all ready have
Anyway's can you explain it to me, in a few simple steps, because i really do not see it.
You might find this add-on easier to use than trying to follow the steps. It is not in the repository, so you need to install via zip...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257334
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-13, 08:43)stapper56 Wrote: 2 questions:

I made a playlist with a few numbers and when I close kodi and start again, it's there so that's ok
But then when I start queuing ( is that the word? I'm Dutch, sorry) and i want to add it to the just made playlist, I can forget it. I just see the option to make a new playlist and I want to add it to the one I all ready have.

I saw that explanation some one else posted here, tried it but for the love of God i can not add it to the playlist I all ready have

last question, is kodi writing that playlist in a .txt file or something like that? because I noticed that playlist is not in the database on the NAS
what I mean is, is it possible to make the playlist on kodi on the PC and then transport that playlist to the kodi on the TV?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.......

As it sounds like you've set up a MySQL database on your NAS in which case this is what you should have followed https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL which would have taken you to https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Sync_other_...#Playlists for more on path substitution see https://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
(2019-06-13, 08:43)stapper56 Wrote: I saw that explanation some one else posted here, tried it but for the love of God i can not add it to the playlist I all ready have

1. Go to Playlists

2. Select existing playlist or create new

3. Open Context menu and select edit playlist if you want to change an exiting playlist

4. Your music sources are on left hand side, playlist is on right hand side

5. Browsing through to track level, if you wish to hear track then select to play, or

6. If you want to add song to playlist open Context menu with track selected and select Add

Unfortunately it seems the Context menu is broken for moving the order of tracks in the playlist on the right hand side, so you need to use the keyboard shortcuts U for moving track up the playlist and D for moving track down the playlist.
you Sir, officially saved my day Tongue
I can get them in the existing playlist now....
Strange enough, when i have them there in the existing list and i leave that screen, check the list again, then they are not saved

But i can save the list under a new name and delete the old one...and then i have it...

Thanks very much every one for the help, I make the playlist for the party, and after that the pressure is gone
Than it's peace and tranquillity again, praise the lord Smile

Then I will start working on Kodi again, check some answers over here, do a little more studies, and with some help of you people over here, build the Kodi I want.

From what i have seen of Kodi until now, I love it !

best regards,
(2019-06-14, 08:04)stapper56 Wrote: Strange enough, when i have them there in the existing list and i leave that screen, check the list again, then they are not saved

But i can save the list under a new name and delete the old one...and then i have it...
Yes you need to use the Save button, but enter the same name and it will overwrite the existing one. Also forgot to explicitly mention, if you set up the playlist folder path substitution to be a folder on your NAS, and you do this on both the AndroidTV and PC to point to same NAS folder then they will share the same playlists. So if more convenient you do the playlists from Kodi on the PC, and the AndroidTV will automatically see them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
big problem <= A totally meaningless thread title0