v18 Deleted scan paths not ignored by Kodi
Using Ubuntu 18.04 and Android, with advancedsettings.xml on our home media system.

I note that when deleting scan paths from within Kodi and ensuring they are also no longer in sources.xml, on a scan Kodi will still insist on scanning the deleted paths.

How to fix that so it doesn't happen, short of starting with a purge and new install?

Thanks
Kodi does not use the Sources.xml for the library. Those paths are contained in the database.

No way inside Kodi to remove those paths.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-09, 07:08)Karellen Wrote: Kodi does not use the Sources.xml for the library. Those paths are contained in the database.

OK, thanks. I'll work it out from there.
(2019-06-09, 07:08)Karellen Wrote: Kodi does not use the Sources.xml for the library. Those paths are contained in the database.

Responded too soon;

Referencing the "MyMusicnn" database it seems the table "source_path" is consistent with Kodi, i.e. when I deleted the path in Kodi the respective record in the table was also removed.  The table contains just the one record which is consistent with the configuration in Kodi.

So where is Kodi grabbing the deleted path information from?
Ok.

FYI... https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_mis...t_a_source
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You should have stated you were referring to Music. Music library works differently.

What scan paths are you trying to remove? Where are you seeing the scanning of these deleted scan paths?

Have you simply run a Clean Library for MUSIC? Paths is not the only location where paths are held for Music. A quick scroll through the tables will reveal that.

Moved to Music.
My Signature
(2019-06-09, 06:55)waddacrock Wrote: I note that when deleting scan paths from within Kodi and ensuring they are also no longer in sources.xml, on a scan Kodi will still insist on scanning the deleted paths.
You don't say how you go about "deleting paths", it sounds like you did something manually. But anyway Kodi was designed for use with removeable sources e.g. on USB stick, so the scanning of library update does not check if the sources are available or even if they are still listed in sources.xml (or in the sources table).

Library update looks at the list of paths for the music it has previously scanned into the library. If you have removed a source and no longer want the related items in the music library then you need to go to System Settings > media > library and clean the music library https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li..._library_2 Be carefull to scroll down to the music section, it is easy to mistake and clean the video lib instead.
(2019-06-09, 08:20)Karellen Wrote: Ok.

FYI... https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_mis...t_a_source

the sources table is consistent as well, ie just one record for music which reflects the declared path.

I think it will be easier to simply delete the music database and re-scan from scratch
(2019-06-09, 08:26)Karellen Wrote: You should have stated you were referring to Music. Music library works differently.

What scan paths are you trying to remove? Where are you seeing the scanning of these deleted scan paths?

Have you simply run a Clean Library for MUSIC? Paths is not the only location where paths are held for Music. A quick scroll through the tables will reveal that.

Moved to Music.
I did all that, no luck. It still pulled the old path.

So, I delete the database, and recreated a blank. Restarted Kodi.
No music, no videos. So far, so good.

Set the paths, and just one path for music, the new one. 

Check the sources tables. All good. Showing the specified path only.

Run a music scan..... arrrggggh.... it's scanning the old path, which incidentally exists; it is now the backup for my music collection.

I'm stumped. Search the client and server for a file that might be harboring the rogue file path name? Is there a hidden file somewhere I should know about?
FIXED: Tried

* Remove music path in Kodi (again)
* Close Kodi
* Delete music db in mysql
* restart Kodi
* Set music path
* Scan

Seems to be working this time.

Well, that was a lot harder than it ought to be....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted scan paths not ignored by Kodi0