Python Scripts/Plugins in XBMC for Windows?
Question 
Okay, let me preface this by saying that I've only been running XBMC for a few days. I think it's fantastic! I read through the windows documentation for XBMC on the wiki and didn't find the answer to my question so I decided I'd ask it here.

I tried out the TV Shack script/plugin and was able to browse around and try to select a video to watch but the video never started. I contacted the author and he told me that he does not develop cross-platform and that the script works fine on the xbox. My question is will I experience this with other scripts or does this sound like an isolated incident? I understand that XBMC windows is new and that this might just be a growing pain. I'm just curious as to what to expect when trying to use scripts with XBMC windows.
Most scripts should work ok, one thing to note is that the mouse doesn't work very well in scripts, starting a video usually works with the keyboard though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll continue trying different ones then.

I was pressing enter and I could hear and audible tone when I pressed the key so I'm pretty sure it was registering. I'm not certain that that was how I should launch the video though.
Charly Wrote:Most scripts should work ok, one thing to note is that the mouse doesn't work very well in scripts, starting a video usually works with the keyboard though.

I can attest to this. If you use the mouse to double click on a trailer, it won't start up. But if you use the keyboard and hit enter it will play fine. Not sure about the usage of remotes quite yet, as I'm still using just on my PC currently, and haven't fully implemented everything over to my HT room yet.
Can someone confirm that the Tv Shack plugin is working on XBMC windows?
works here, not every stream it lists but a lot work.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Scripts/Plugins in XBMC for Windows?0