• 19(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
Version 2.1.0 pushed for Matrix and above, with a few accumulated fixes from the forum.

- Add option to disable posters
- Fix fallback language for landscape images
- Don't add SVG image artwork
(2023-03-22, 00:54)rmrector Wrote: Version 2.1.0 pushed for Matrix and above, with a few accumulated fixes from the forum.

- Fix fallback language for landscape images
- Don't add SVG image artwork

Many thanks for the option to disable posters.
(2023-03-22, 19:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-22, 16:50)Haris1977 Wrote: Τhe TMDB addon though won't scan all movies thumbnails, posters and info (while they do exist in the themoviedb.org site)
Debug Log
I'm getting the same issue. Here's my log.
(2023-03-22, 20:56)Osoa Wrote: I'm getting the same issue. Here's my log.
I don't see any problems. The Dark Knight seems to have scraped ok.
What is the problem?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-22, 00:54)rmrector Wrote: Version 2.1.0 pushed for Matrix and above, with a few accumulated fixes from the forum.

With setting "posters" disable if I refresh a movie's information with choice "from internet" I must expect that Kodi use the local poster . Right ?
Actualy it is not this behaviour.

If I m wrong please what is the sense of this setting ?

Setting from Library => Videos => Change content :

Debug log after a movie refresh :
https://paste.kodi.tv/yukunobebu.kodi

Personnal thinking :
When We Scrape a new movie without file nfo and with his Artworks on local, Kodi use by default the local artworks
I don't understand why Kodi have not the same behaviour when we refresh a movie info with choice "from internet" ?
(2023-03-22, 21:48)Nanomani Wrote:

With setting "posters" disable if I refresh a movie's information with choice "from internet" I must expect that Kodi use the local poster . Right ?
Actualy it is not this behaviour.

If I m wrong please what is the sense of this setting ?

Setting from Library => Videos => Change content :

Debug log after a movie refresh :
https://paste.kodi.tv/yukunobebu.kodi

Personnal thinking :
When We Scrape a new movie without file nfo and with his Artworks on local, Kodi use by default the local artworks
I don't understand why Kodi have not the same behaviour when we refresh a movie info with choice "from internet" ?
Try removing the movie from library from database before updating library.
That way it will always use local art.

If you refresh the movie after it has been already scraped, it will not default to local art but what has been brought back from the scraper before.

As this add on now allows the choice of poster or not, best way is to remove all movies from library and re-scan.
That way it won't bring back any posters at all.
And if you decide to refresh the movie after that, the poster will be set to the thumbnail of the movie instead and you need to select the local poster art yourself.
Yes this latter behaviour is strange but the only way to get local art is to remove the movie from the library and re-scan.
Try it.
(2023-03-23, 12:00)robertlaing Wrote: Try removing the movie from library from database before updating library.
That way it will always use local art.

If you refresh the movie after it has been already scraped, it will not default to local art but what has been brought back from the scraper before.

As this add on now allows the choice of poster or not, best way is to remove all movies from library and re-scan.
That way it won't bring back any posters at all.
And if you decide to refresh the movie after that, the poster will be set to the thumbnail of the movie instead and you need to select the local poster art yourself.
Yes this latter behaviour is strange but the only way to get local art is to remove the movie from the library and re-scan.
Try it.

If I scrape a new movie with his file srt :
GOOD => "strSubtitleLanguage" is not empty in table "streamdetails"
GOOD => all local Artworks are used

I use "update from internet" for an existing movie after adding a first srt subtitle file because :

If I actualise a movie with choice "Local" after added his file srt :
NOT GOOD => "strSubtitleLanguage" stay empty in table "streamdetails"
GOOD => all local Artworks are used

If I actualise a movie with choice "From internet" after added his file srt :
GOOD => "strSubtitleLanguage" is not empty in table "streamdetails"
NOT GOOD => all local Artworks are NOT used

I have post a issue about that behavour with subtitle file :
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22447

It is not realy a big deal. I'm probably making a mistake in understanding.
But all those behavior/logic is confusing to me.

Anyway thanks for your explain
(2023-03-22, 21:48)Nanomani Wrote: When We Scrape a new movie without file nfo and with his Artworks on local, Kodi use by default the local artworks
You are correct. When using the Refresh button, local artwork is ignored.
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but has been this way since Refresh was first added many years ago.

If this is a problem for you, then don't use Refresh. Delete the movie from the library, then scan it back in.

You could create a bug report on Github.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-23, 20:33)Karellen Wrote: You are correct. When using the Refresh button, local artwork is ignored.
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but has been this way since Refresh was first added many years ago.

If this is a problem for you, then don't use Refresh. Delete the movie from the library, then scan it back in.

You could create a bug report on Github.

Thank you for your answer and confirmation of behavior.
I will listen to you and create a bug report on Github. Even if it is not I guess an absolute priority.
(2023-03-23, 21:46)Nanomani Wrote: I will listen to you and create a bug report on Github
Ok. When I see it, I will confirm your findings.
My Signature
(2023-03-23, 22:01)Karellen Wrote: Ok. When I see it, I will confirm your findings.

It is done :
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/23044

Thanks.
Is anyone getting errors when scanning movies? I have just started getting them and don't seem to able to scan new movies...

Log file

Error is right at the bottom.

Edit: The non-python TMDB scraper seems to be working fine.

(2023-06-20, 21:40)Eddage Wrote: Log file

Error is right at the bottom.
You need to enable debug mode.
My Signature
(2023-03-23, 22:21)Nanomani Wrote:
(2023-03-23, 22:01)Karellen Wrote: Ok. When I see it, I will confirm your findings.

It is done :
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/23044

Thanks.

Something is going on with tmdb I think. Getting bunch of errors when trying to scan new movies. Trying to choose artwork completely crashes kodi. Even when using my media organizer on my PC creates empty .nfo files because it can't connect.
It seems to be a problem at TMDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/6491f757...00c6679013
My Signature
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0