• 2(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
(2019-09-18, 23:30)jjd-uk Wrote: That definitely used to be possible.
Ok, good. So I was not imagining it.

(2019-09-18, 23:30)jjd-uk Wrote: Edit2: still works with Universal Scraper not working with TMDB xml
Yes, just tested and works with UMS.
Not working for TheMovieDB XML or Python scraper using either IMDB or TMDB ID's testing with just the ID or using the full address
Not working for TVDB or TheMovieDB-TV Shows scraper using either IMDB, TVDB or TMDB ID's testing with just the ID or using the full address

I guess we can rule it out for the XML scrapers as no new features are being added, but would be nice for the Python scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ya, good idea.
Bug Report?

As described here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2888898

It seems both the XML scraper and this Python scraper are being tripped up when the word "The" is positioned at the end of the title. eg Empire Strikes Back, The

No results are found until the word "The" is removed from the title.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Bug Report

Ratings for TheMovieDB are scraped as follows using Universal Movie scraper and TheMovieDB XML scraper
xml:
<rating name="themoviedb" max="10">
<value>7.700000</value>
<votes>12873</votes>
</rating>

This Python scraper saves the rating as
xml:
<rating name="tmdb" max="10">
<value>5.200000</value>
<votes>5200</votes>
</rating>

The rating name should be changed from "tmdb" to "themoviedb"
My Signature
Bah, yeah. I don't really like it different from the "uniqueid" name, but I can change it to match the XML scraper.

I've moved the unaddressed reports to GitHub issues, it's a good place to track them for a small repo.
Sure. I'll report at Github from now on.
My Signature
Alrighty, I have a few updates pending on GitHub, and @Razze added ratings from Trakt.tv recently.

An implementation of path specific settings in Kodi core should be coming soon, then I'll hook it up in this scraper and mint a new version to call "Release candidate".
Adding Trakt ratings is awesome!

Very cool new feature, would be nice to see them all in the default skin as IMDB, TheTVDB and Trakt ratings are all useful.
Updated to 0.7.0.

tmdbsimple is moved out to it's own module which must be installed manually for now.

This is about ready to submit to the official repo.
Just tried this out and it works great so far. 

One feature request though. Would i be possible to add a field where you can name folders not to check? I use the Extras addon to tuck away my movie extras to the context menu and whenever I do a fresh install of Kodi I always forget to edit my advancedsettings.xml and end up with 80 scraped titles called Extra or something along those lines based on the name of the folder the files are in.

EDIT: I noticed that after switching scraper and rescraping on my main device some movies are left without posters. However if I rescrape the the movie manually via the information page it appears.
(2020-04-02, 16:22)Tobby Wrote: One feature request though. Would i be possible to add a field where you can name folders not to check?
No. That is not a scraper function. That is the Kodi scanner, so it still requires advancedsettings.xml

(2020-04-02, 16:22)Tobby Wrote: I noticed that after switching scraper and rescraping on my main device some movies are left without posters.
Maybe some glitch at TMDB, or maybe you have not allowed enough time for the poster to be downloaded? I have been using this scraper since day 1 a year ago, and never come across that issue.
My Signature
(2020-04-02, 20:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 16:22)Tobby Wrote: One feature request though. Would i be possible to add a field where you can name folders not to check?
No. That is not a scraper function. That is the Kodi scanner, so it still requires advancedsettings.xml

(2020-04-02, 16:22)Tobby Wrote: I noticed that after switching scraper and rescraping on my main device some movies are left without posters.
Maybe some glitch at TMDB, or maybe you have not allowed enough time for the poster to be downloaded? I have been using this scraper since day 1 a year ago, and never come across that issue.

Thanks for your answers
I scraped my entire library with this, and it's pretty good.  I've gone through half and there's been 3 errors so far.  Odd errors.  In these instances, I've had the scraper pick a movie with the same name from an entirely different date.  The latest example being The Mummy (2017).  The file name is The Mummy (2017), but the scraper picked the one from 1999.  It's weird to have the exact match on filename, no other options on the websites, and have the scraper pull an entirely different one.  Here's my settings:  https://i.imgur.com/aRklCOV.jpg

The other instances were:

Filename:  Ghostbusters (2016)
Picked: Ghostbusters 1984

Filename:  Home (2015)
Picked: Daddy's Home 2015

Edit:
Filename:  Wonder (2017)
Picked: Wonder Woman (2017)
(2020-06-15, 07:31)Litcube Wrote: The file name is The Mummy (2017), but the scraper picked the one from 1999.  It's weird to have the exact match on filename, no other options on the websites, and have the scraper pull an entirely different one.  Here's my settings: 
Fix on the way... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...on/pull/45
My Signature
Hooray!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0