• 6(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
When I first tried this addon, I missed the setting called "Add keywords as tags" and as a result my tag list got completely spammed to hell with garbage, which I posted about in this thread previously. I, of course, changed that setting to false:

$ grep -r add_tags userdata/addon_data/metadata.themoviedb.org.python
userdata/addon_data/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/settings.xml:    <setting id="add_tags">false</setting>
$

It took forever to remove all the crap tags that got added. So today, I went to add a tag to something and I see the tag list is completely bloated with crap again which leads me to believe that changing that setting didn't actually do anything. Shouldn't the data type be defined as boolean in the setting, otherwise it defaults to a string?

Instead of:
Code:
<setting id="add_tags">false</setting>
shouldn't it be:
Code:
<setting id="add_tags" type="bool">false</setting>
?

If that's not the problem, how is that setting supposed to work? If add_tags=true then populate the keywords? Does it populate the keywords regardless and add_tags=false triggers their deletion at some point later? Does add_tags control whether or not tags are written to the database in the database code? If I knew it was safe to just rip tag out of info{} in _assemble_details, I'd just do that for an immediate fix but I don't know how the keywords get from populated to stored in the database. And I'm not really a python person so a little help would be greatly appreciated.
(2020-12-20, 19:52)pilian Wrote: If this problem with german posters only occur two times I don't mind. Especially if it depends on my installation.
I think you have enough other work to do.

Finally I have found the cause.
Some movies have separate downloaded artwork in the movie folder. I have not considered that.
Sorry for my objections.
(2020-12-21, 10:07)teriyaki Wrote: It took forever to remove all the crap tags that got added.
How did you remove them?

(2020-12-21, 10:32)pilian Wrote: Finally I have found the cause.
Some movies have separate downloaded artwork in the movie folder. I have not considered that.
Sorry for my objections.
Yes, local artwork always has priority. Unfortunately I couldn't see the caching in the log as it had already been cached when you first added the movie.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-21, 10:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 10:07)teriyaki Wrote: It took forever to remove all the crap tags that got added.
How did you remove them?
Using Tag Overview, which not only deletes the tags from the database, but all the associated links for each tag as well.
(2020-12-21, 10:07)teriyaki Wrote: It took forever to remove all the crap tags that got added. So today, I went to add a tag to something and I see the tag list is completely bloated with crap again
Tag Overview does not delete the Tags from the database. It simply adds or removes the tag links for that movie. The tags still remain in the database.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-21, 19:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 10:07)teriyaki Wrote: It took forever to remove all the crap tags that got added. So today, I went to add a tag to something and I see the tag list is completely bloated with crap again
Tag Overview does not delete the Tags from the database. It simply adds or removes the tag links for that movie. The tags still remain in the database.

That doesn't make any sense. If you add a new tag, poll the tag list, you see the new tag. If you delete the tag with Tag Overview and poll the tag list, you do not see the tag listed anymore. Also, see RemoveTag(self, tag_id) in CVideoDatabase.py, in Tag Overview.
Open your database, check the Tag table. Is the Tag table clean or full of your old tags?
My Signature
(2020-12-21, 20:55)Karellen Wrote: Open your database, check the Tag table. Is the Tag table clean or full of your old tags?

Scraping "Tenet", even with the scraper set NOT to create tags from keywords, created a tag called "fire engine" anyway. Let's verify:

Code:
MariaDB [MyVideos119]> select * from tag where name = "fire engine";
+--------+-------------+
| tag_id | name        |
+--------+-------------+
|    197 | fire engine |
+--------+-------------+
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

Now I'll go delete the "fire engine" tag with Tag Overview and verify it in Kodi's logfile:

Code:
2020-12-21 11:43:37.669 T:1286    DEBUG <general>: CDialogTagOverview tagSelected delete tag
2020-12-21 11:43:40.853 T:1286    DEBUG <general>: CDialogTagOverview deletetag tag_id:
2020-12-21 11:43:40.853 T:1286    DEBUG <general>: ('197',)
2020-12-21 11:43:40.853 T:1286    DEBUG <general>: CVideoDatabase Removetag_link: sql:delete from tag_link where tag_id = %s
2020-12-21 11:43:40.858 T:1286    DEBUG <general>: CVideoDatabase RemoveTag: sql:delete from tag where tag_id = %s
2020-12-21 11:43:40.859 T:1286    DEBUG <general>: CDialogTagOverview buildList

At this point Tag Overview has removed the tag link to any movies it was linked to, the tag itself from the tag list, and has started repopulating the tag list. Let's verify the tag was deleted from the tag list:

Code:
MariaDB [MyVideos119]> select * from tag where name = "fire engine";
Empty set (0.001 sec)

Now that we know Tag Overview does in fact delete tags from the database, that brings us back to the scraper not honoring "create tags from keywords" = false.
Where do you adjust the scraper settings?
1. In Settings>Add-ons
or
2. Videos>Files>Your Source
My Signature
I changed it on the source I was testing the addon with, and then I changed it in Add-ons afterwards in the event I wanted to use it with other sources so the setting should be false for both. I'm not going to remove all those tags by hand again, I think I'll just write a script to purge all the tags/tag_links except what we actually use (`favorite` tag for each family member).
I don't know what to say. My experience is that Tag Overview does not delete tags out of the database. I just tested this a few minutes ago.

I have been using this scraper for well over a year and never had problems with tags. I have disabled that setting and I never get tags scraped.

No need to write a script. Open the database. Delete the records out of the tag_link table, then delete the records out of the tag table. Should only take a few seconds.
My Signature
For Tag Overview, strange.. I'm using version 'id="script.tagoverview" name="Tag Overview" version="0.1.1" provider-name="fnord12 via olivaar"' with Kodi 19.0-ALPHA3-r56653-git+6ddb320f17. All I did to it was make some changes for python3 but nothing that touched how it works. Not sure which version/fork you're using there but differing versions is all I can think of that might explain the behavior difference.

For the scraper, not sure there either. Using 'id="metadata.themoviedb.org.python" name="The Movie Database Python" version="1.3.1+matrix.1" provider-name="Team Kodi"`, untouched. I'll have to set up a test environment for further testing.

For deleting the tags completely from the database, could I delete from tag_link where media_id = whatever the movie id is? If there's 10 tags linked to that movie id, all 10 would then be deleted right? Or if our family tags  are 2-9 could I just do something like delete from tag where tag_id is >= 10, and then delete from tag_link where tag_id >= 10?
(2020-12-22, 02:40)teriyaki Wrote: For Tag Overview, strange.. I'm using version 'id="script.tagoverview" name="Tag Overview" version="0.1.1" provider-name="fnord12 via olivaar"' with Kodi 19.0-ALPHA3-r56653-git+6ddb320f17. All I did to it was make some changes for python3 but nothing that touched how it works. Not sure which version/fork you're using there but differing versions is all I can think of that might explain the behavior difference.
xml:
<addon id="script.tagoverview" name="Tag Overview" version="0.1.1" provider-name="fnord12 via olivaar">
I seem to be using the same version.
Ok so it sounds like you are using v19. That is where the difference comes in. There was a fix for Tags in v19 which obviously affects this add-on... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18549
I tested in v18.9

(2020-12-22, 02:40)teriyaki Wrote: For the scraper, not sure there either. Using 'id="metadata.themoviedb.org.python" name="The Movie Database Python" version="1.3.1+matrix.1" provider-name="Team Kodi"`, untouched. I'll have to set up a test environment for further testing.
Yes, same version.
Do that and let us know the result. Use a Portable Install if you are on Windows.

(2020-12-22, 02:40)teriyaki Wrote: For deleting the tags completely from the database, could I delete from tag_link where media_id = whatever the movie id is? If there's 10 tags linked to that movie id, all 10 would then be deleted right? Or if our family tags  are 2-9 could I just do something like delete from tag where tag_id is >= 10, and then delete from tag_link where tag_id >= 10?
Yep that should work. With small edits like this, I treat the DB as an Excel Spreadsheet and directly delete the rows. But either way works.
Just make a backup first.
My Signature
Just switched to this scraper from the default TheMovieDB scraper and love the accurate results I'm getting!

Improvement Idea:

It would be great to have some more knobs to fine-tune language preferences. Let's say I understand English and German, but my movie collection contains films originally in English, German, French and Japanese. So while I'd like my English and German movies with original titles, I'd prefer to have the French and Japanese titles translated.

If the "Keep Original Titles" option had a few boxes/dropdowns to restrict it to certain languages, that would be perfect. Alternatively, an option to add more than one preferred language might also do the trick.
Hi guys, first of all, thank you very much for the great work on the TMDB Python Scraper. Another great option would be to set a fallback language for fanart.tv like in Artwork Beef.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0