Channels losing Schedules Direct EPG if the channel names are not identical
Hello.

I have a really irritating issue that I just cannot seem to solve.

I use the London Sky HD bouqet to obtain all my channels and keep everything up-to-date.

I then use the Schedules Direct internal grabber to obtain EPG data

About 90% of the Sky channel names and the names used by SC are identical - this means that the EPG data automatically links with the correct channel.

There is, however, an issue with the remaining 10% - e.g. if the channel is BBC One and the SD data is BBC1, the two will not link up.

This is not initially a problem as I can manually change the EPG source for all the remaining channels.

The problem starts, when I have to restart my server - all the manually assigned EPG sources are lost and I have to add them all back again.

Could anyone perhaps suggest why this is happening and what I might do to solve it?
Bit of an update on this.

Firstly, it seems that it is not only a restart that causes problems - I have to manually reassign EPG channels after a TVH update too.

A bit of testing seems to be suggesting that if the bouquet senses any manual change to an EPG channel, it deletes the channels and re-imports it.

A second issue seems to be that if I have a reoccurring timer that is set on a channel that gets removed and re-added, the timer gets deleted too.

I am beginning to think that I cannot get round this problem with TVH itself.  Is there anyway I can change the names of the channels being imported from Schedules Direct via the grabber (for example, change BBC1 to BBC One)?
This Sems to be specific to your environment. On which kind of hardware are you running TVHeadend. Are you using docker? What says your logfile If this happens?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2019-06-25, 14:17)hoppel118 Wrote: This Sems to be specific to your environment. On which kind of hardware are you running TVHeadend. Are you using docker? What says your logfile If this happens?

Regards Hoppel

Hi Hopper - thank you.

I am running TVHeadend on an Odroid HC2, via Openmediavault as the operating system - i have installed TVH directly, rather than using docker.  I use a Digibit R1 for my satellite signal.

What is the best way to create a log file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels losing Schedules Direct EPG if the channel names are not identical0