Bug Every Shutdown Kodi App Crash with HDMI CEC Adapter(Pulse Eight) with Nvidia Driver
Hello dear Community.

Incidentdescription:
EVerytime Kodi Applicationhang / crash by Shutdown.

Windows EVentlog:
Can´t edit my / the thread & post.
Nice. All informations are gone.
And again new:

Bug description:
- Everytime i shutdwon Kodi, i have a Windows memory error.

Windows Eventviewer:

Kodi log:
takoxujemu.kodi (paste)
Kodi crash dumps:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bz05hO...N5LgyLrhTt

System informations (Hard & Software, hopefully no personally informations still there):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Md8m11a...sp=sharing

Demarcation:
- Maybe related to Nvidia driver(s). Tryed a lot of versions, same result.
- With AMD drivers no problem there (next week, i check it again with AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition)
- No Windows 10 versions conflict (tryed 1803, 1809 & now 1903)
- Fresh Kodi install (no addons, only CEC HDMI adapter configured, strat with empty roaming folder)

Next steps:
-More logs / higher loglevel avaible?
- Debugging crash dumps of Kodi & Windows with MS Internal tools?

Big thanks for help
Please enable Debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging and recreate the Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-13, 22:23)blazethelight Wrote: Can´t edit my / the thread & post.
Nice. All informations are gone.

You are new on our forum. Anti-spam measures are active for newcomers. The restrictions will go away over time.
Now with debug logging activated:

Debug log
Allright, now i have the same problem with AMD Vega Frontier Edition & no AddOns activated.

This is the memory failure, if i shutdown Kodi:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/dfb5e...117796.jpg

Any ideas?
Okay now I am smarter.

The failure only exist, if the setting into the configuration of Kodi CEC set to AV Receiver & TV explizit (shut off)!

If the setting switch to TV (shut off) no error appears.

I upgrading the Pulse Eight CEC adapter Firmware to the latest version & install the windows driver to test the configuration.

Anybody has a idea to fix it?

Big thanks!
(2019-06-21, 14:46)blazethelight Wrote: Okay now I am smarter.

The failure only exist, if the setting into the configuration of Kodi CEC set to AV Receiver & TV explizit (shut off)!

If the setting switch to TV (shut off) no error appears.

I upgrading the Pulse Eight CEC adapter Firmware to the latest version & install the windows driver to test the configuration.

Anybody has a idea to fix it?

Big thanks!

PS. Kodi freeze too if I select to standby... and switch than to standby.
Nobody has a experience with the Pulse Eight CEC adapter into working with Kodi?

If only the TV connected, no issue there.
It's only there, if the Deonon Receiver connected to the CEC Adapter & signal send than later to the TV.

Thanks for more ideas are welcome.
Try without  zeroconf server, and change your rar archive support.
All add-ons are deactivated inclusive rar support.
Only the pulse eight CEC HDMI Adapter was activated / configured.

This problem is still there, if the system for a longer time in idle.
I have the same issue using Sony receiver. Try to set "Devices to power off during shutdown" to "None" - it solved the application crash on exit for me. Of course you have to turn your TV & AVR manually :-(
Hi man

Just came here to let you know that I think the issue is due to having windows drivers for Pulse Eight and Eventghost installed.

Kodi already supports the pulse eight adapter, so there is no need for the windows drivers in this case.

Either way, give it a go - I seem to have solved my freezing after wake from stand-by, finally!

/aeble

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Every Shutdown Kodi App Crash with HDMI CEC Adapter(Pulse Eight) with Nvidia Driver0