v18 IPTV Channel Groups - Make Access Easier
With IPTV having thousand of channels, they are normally put into groups.

To access these groups in Xperience1080:
Kodi 17x: options > select channels > list of groups pops up > make a selection.
Kodi 18x: options > second item > rotates through a list of groups > make a selection.

All a bit time consuming esp for TV where changing channels can be frequent.

Would it be possible to make the groups more easily accessible like in Aeon Nox SiLVO and have them at the top of the guide
or to have an option to put the groups in the Airing Now & Next section?

Kodi 18x > Left click to options > select channels item > rotate through groups > make selection

Perhaps do it like Aeon Nox SiLVO and have the channel groups at the top of the guide

Perhaps put the groups in the Airing Now & Next section

How Aeon Nox SiLVO does it

is that silvo skin with groups at the top a mod ? , I will have to check but I cant remember seeing groups at the top like that in silvo, yes ion estuary18 but not in silvo ?
(2019-06-14, 14:31)ontap Wrote: is that silvo skin with groups at the top a mod ? , I will have to check but I cant remember seeing groups at the top like that in silvo, yes ion estuary18 but not in silvo ?

I installed a load of skins - I got them from the "get more" option which is in each skin - I didn't install any mods.

It does say Aeon Nox Silvo Mod in the image below though.

(2019-06-14, 16:30)TarPaulin Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 14:31)ontap Wrote: is that silvo skin with groups at the top a mod ? , I will have to check but I cant remember seeing groups at the top like that in silvo, yes ion estuary18 but not in silvo ?

I installed a load of skins - I got them from the "get more" option which is in each skin - I didn't install any mods.

Kodi is aging and the real issue is in the underlying API that restricts skin customization. The object model needs to be updated to make groups a first class citizen in the hierarchy but no one in the core team wants to make drastic enhancements to make it work properly for today's live TV needs. The silvo skin team used a smart trick to make it happen in the now playing screen icons but it is not good enough. Let us hope that the core team will think more positively and drop their inhibitions to make it work properly, like STB.
(2019-08-01, 05:12)sandeep@LiVe.ca Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 16:30)TarPaulin Wrote:

Kodi is aging and the real issue is in the underlying API that restricts skin customization. The object model needs to be updated to make groups a first class citizen in the hierarchy but no one in the core team wants to make drastic enhancements to make it work properly for today's live TV needs. The silvo skin team used a smart trick to make it happen in the now playing screen icons but it is not good enough. Let us hope that the core team will think more positively and drop their inhibitions to make it work properly, like STB.

The API offers what is needed. Look at Estuary für example.

And how do you know that nobody in Team Kodi is willing to improve things? My latest commits with channel group enhancements is 2 weeks old.
Hello, I wanted the same thing due to a bunch of reasons. Anyway, I've implemented this and raised a PR: https://github.com/xperience1080/skin.xp...80/pull/36. It's up to the maintainer to accept this and merge this now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Channel Groups - Make Access Easier0