Opensubtitles Error Downloading
Hey everyone, ty in advance to whoever find some time to reply me. I am using Kodi some years now, gratz for your work. I am using it along with Emby, mainly because to be able to sync in what episode i am or what movie i have seen if i choose to see the file via my computer (windows) = my bedroom or the living room on my tv there (on the tv i use Android player)

Anyway, the last days, i am facing a problem with opensubtitles. It doesn't download the subs from there and produce error. I have created a new log this morning and have pasted the log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/dohukuhedi.kodi

I can't understand what is the problem, i went up to \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\temp and the zip there it's damaged. I tried delete it and retry, and again a damaged zip produced. I have put username / password in the configuration.

If i can answer anything else to help tell me, thank you for your help and your time!
2019-06-15 13:51:33.767 T:14132 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.thgiliwt v1.8 installed

That seems to be a fork, or other type of copy of a known banned-addon.
Unless you can proof it otherwise, I suggest you either clean up your Kodi setup, or find your support outside this forum.
OK that's the problem do you believe? I can delete that one, it's a new repo I have installed
The 'problem' to begin with, is that on this forum there is a zero-tolerance stance on video piracy.
Some banned add-ons are also known to affect Kodi's core functionality.

We are simply not going to bother ourselves with them for both reasons.
Start with a new/clean Kodi profile, and stay away from those add-ons of which we all know, or can tell, are illegal.
(2019-06-15, 15:51)Klojum Wrote: The 'problem' to begin with, is that on this forum there is a zero-tolerance stance on video piracy.
Some banned add-ons are also known to affect Kodi's core functionality.

We are simply not going to bother ourselves with them for both reasons.
Start with a new/clean Kodi profile, and stay away from those add-ons of which we all know, or can tell, are illegal.

You are right ofc, i deleted it from my system as you can see on the new log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/mamazoxeli.kodi

If someone can help for the opensubtitles problem, ty in advance!
One other thing....
Code:
2019-06-15 20:29:06.834 T:11776 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
Enable debugging in Kodi, restart Kodi, reproduce the problem(s), and provide a new URL log file.

Code:
2019-06-15 20:29:37.618 T:5080 NOTICE: service.subtitles.rvm.addic7ed: Searching for subs...
2019-06-15 20:29:37.625 T:5080 ERROR: service.subtitles.rvm.addic7ed: Unable to determine episode data for Εμείς
Where is this coming from? Do you need more than one subtitle service?
I have addic7ed, Opensubtiltes and Bsplayer as subtitle services, to be sure that i will find the subtitle. For example, in tv-series, addic7ed is the best but on movies open or bsplayer is better. Is that a problem to have more than 1? I will reinstall Kodi and report back then
(2019-06-15, 19:55)lanc3lot Wrote: Is that a problem to have more than 1? I will reinstall Kodi and report back then

It shouldn't be. I only use one subtitle provider, so I don't know if more of them will ever have a problem being together.
(2019-06-15, 20:17)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 19:55)lanc3lot Wrote: Is that a problem to have more than 1? I will reinstall Kodi and report back then

It shouldn't be. I only use one subtitle provider, so I don't know if more of them will ever have a problem being together. 

Really? I am using Kodi some many years now, and i have used always more than one, just to be sure. Anyway, i reinstalled Kodi (from M$ Store), deleted my profile and created a new and put only opensubtitles as service and i tested again, same problem. 

The log: https://paste.kodi.tv/emugakoqay.kodi
Did you install the previous Kodi setup also from the MS Store?
How about using the installer version instead?
Hey again, ty for your time you spend on this first of all,

I deleted and installed it from Installer version, and again the same problem.

The log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/esiromelas.kodi

I suspect is the same problem as this one? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341924

PS
I installed latest nighty Version 19 (15/6) and i tried and it worked! So i am assuming it has to do something with 18.2 latest version!
I've just updated my LibreElec to try and fix this (9.1.002 I think?) and I'll be damned if I can get opensubs working
I can log in to their website, I can NOT use the plugin - is it broken?

EDIT: Stupid australian DNS issue, due to poor website blocking
opensubtitles has a new server and a new website, it is no longer opensubtitles.org but opensubtitles.com. maybe this will help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opensubtitles Error Downloading0