Older Kodi versions
I wonder if anyone knows how/where I can get my hands on a version 15 (15.2?) of Kodi - so I can install onto raspberry pi2 with an sd card. I'd really like to get this version back!
I would not recommend using older versions, but if you really want to you can get a 7.x (16.x) or 8.x version here. Couldn't find a 15.x version for rpi

https://openelec.tv/downloads
(2019-06-15, 18:18)JohnyLondon Wrote: I'd really like to get this version back!

Can you explain why?
(2019-06-15, 19:20)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 18:18)JohnyLondon Wrote: I'd really like to get this version back!

Can you explain why?  
Yes, I had 15 and it worked great but I decided to update and nessed up the sd card so I bought a new one with v18 on, and I simply cannot get on with it.
If you mean the Confluence skin, you can install that in Kodi 18 as well.
If it's about playing videos, then that would be surprising.

Also, with Kodi 15, you can no longer scrape movies/tvshows into K15's video library. Just so you know.
thanks - just put 7.x (v16) on and it looks good - these older versions seem a lot less cluttered. What version of Kodi has the 8.x got on it?
The previous link you got will not have any links to a v18 release. OpenELEC hasn't been maintained for more than 2 years now. LibreELEC is the natural replacement. You will have to do a fresh installation as the system files of LibreELEC/Kodi requires a larger system partition. Or, if you are handy enough, you could resize the 1st partition manually using something like Gparted. The choice is yours.
(2019-06-15, 20:22)JohnyLondon Wrote: thanks - just put 7.x (v16) on and it looks good - these older versions seem a lot less cluttered. What version of Kodi has the 8.x got on it?

As it seems to be the look of the newer versions you don't get on with, did you try installing the Confluence skin when running the v18? as already mentioned that would have given you back the old look from v16 and before.
If that's the reason just use confluence in K18 as suggested
Hi,
Yes I did switch over to confluence - was glad to see it there and it looked like a solution. In the end I still found that this newer version (18) seems a lot more cluttered and complex. Surely the art of good design is to keep things very clear/intuitive/simple? Just my thoughts.

By the way - the reasons I wanted to go to a newer version were these:

1. I have always had a slight "stutter" about 2 seconds from the end of playing every music file (playing in the music file mode, which is how I normally access, but it was ok if for example I was playing something off of file transfer mode).
2.The youtube viewer was very uninspiring, and despite signing it up to my normal youtube account I never got any of my favourites or anything.
3. I had decided to reorganise my music from file mode to library mode (after extensively reorganising and renaming stuff) but I found it doesn't work anyway with wavs anyway.

So for me I will stick with v16 as that is the oldest I can get, and it is working ok so far.
(2019-06-20, 16:41)JohnyLondon Wrote: In the end I still found that this newer version (18) seems a lot more cluttered and complex. Surely the art of good design is to keep things very clear/intuitive/simple? Just my thoughts.

Since it's not just down to the look of the new default skin compared to Confluence, I'd be very interested to know what exactly you find more more cluttered and complex than v16.
I wish I could be exact but to do that I'd have to get the new version up again. Basically, there seemed to be a few more options/buttons cluttering things up than before, plus the way the settings are laid out now seems difficult to me - seem to have to go through more pages to get to stuff. I'm sure people will disagree, but it is just how I found it to be. I was very relieved to get back to nearly the old one I had.
To each their own I guess.
But know that older versions are no longer supported should you run into issues, which is more likely the older the version you use.
Anyway, if you are happy with it, enjoy!

(2019-06-20, 19:13)JohnyLondon Wrote: I wish I could be exact but to do that I'd have to get the new version up again. Basically, there seemed to be a few more options/buttons cluttering things up than before, plus the way the settings are laid out now seems difficult to me - seem to have to go through more pages to get to stuff. I'm sure people will disagree, but it is just how I found it to be. I was very relieved to get back to nearly the old one I had.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Older Kodi versions0