[BROKEN] "Hardware Accelerated" 3D on AMD Radeon Raven Ridge APU ?
My current status is that MVC does completely not work on AMD Ryzen since 2021. Its even dangerous to try to start it in my experience.
See here: my post in main MVC 19.x thread

---- My original post from 2019 follows:

Confirming that HDMI 1.4a FullHD 3D works on windows 10 (17134) build with Raven Ridge APU (2400G) over HDMI port (tested on MSI B450i), Kodi Leia (18.3), Radeon Software Version 19.7.2.

Not quite sure what caused the original AMD driver crashes. When starting to analyze for support ticket with AMD, iremoved the additional NVidia card and its drivers and reinstalled AMD drivers from 19.6.1 to 19.7.2. So could be either of these two changes.

Now i just have to update windows 10 some time and hope that doesn't break anything.

--- original question: ---

Does anyone have "hardware accelerated" 3D output working on an AMD Radeon GPU ? 
If so, i would love to know setup, eg: windows version, GPU type, kodi version.

I just bought my first MoBo with on-chip radeon, Ryzen 5 2400G with integrated Radeon RX Vega 11 for a windows 10 PC and kodi 18.2.

Windows itself nicely recognizes 1920x1080 (Preferred, 3D), and Kodi therefore offers "hardware accelerated", but whenever i try to select this as the output format, the AMD Radeon driver crashes, and kodi with it of course. And afterwards some default VGA graphics driver from microsoft runs and i have to reboot. Does not matter what 3D movie clip i try, e.g.: simple 3D SBS half resolution or the like.

I was hoping that hardware accelerated 3D HDMI video output format should still be supported by AMD, or else it would make little sense to signal to windows the "1920 x 1080 (preferred, 3D)" resolution.

Whats the API used by kodi anyhow to set the 3D mode output ? Vendor specific (AMD, Intel, NVidia) or is this a windows API, e.g.: if kodi crashes the driver, is this something that could be reported as a bug in supporting a standard windows API to AMD ?
(2019-06-17, 18:38)te36 Wrote: Das anyone have "hardware accelerated" 3D output working on an AMD Radeon GPU ? 
If so, i would love to know setup, eg: windows version, GPU type, kodi version.

I just bought my first MoBo with on-chip radeon, Ryzen 5 2400G with integrated Radeon RX Vega 11 for a windows 10 PC and kodi 18.2.

Windows itself nicely recognizes 1920x1080 (Preferred, 3D), and Kodi therefore offers "hardware accelerated", but whenever i try to select this as the output format, the AMD Radeon driver crashes, and kodi with it of course. And afterwards some default VGA graphics driver from microsoft runs and i have to reboot. Does not matter what 3D movie clip i try, e.g.: simple 3D SBS half resolution or the like.

I was hoping that hardware accelerated 3D HDMI video output format should still be supported by AMD, or else it would make little sense to signal to windows the "1920 x 1080 (preferred, 3D)" resolution.

Whats the API used by kodi anyhow to set the 3D mode output ? Vendor specific (AMD, Intel, NVidia) or is this a windows API, e.g.: if kodi crashes the driver, is this something that could be reported as a bug in supporting a standard windows API to AMD ?

shouldn't it be up to your tv to interpret the 3d signal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BROKEN] "Hardware Accelerated" 3D on AMD Radeon Raven Ridge APU ?0