Solved Tv show scraping bug nfo
Hey there

im not sure if this is something ive done wrong?

basically i scrape the tv shows and for some reason when a tv show has .nfos these seem to be scraped but additional episodes are not?

face off for example will scrape all seasons except 4 and 6 (Face.Off.S04E01.mp4 example file name) the only difference is that these two season do not have nfos.

i had a similar issue with another show where only 1 episode in a  season did not have a nfo. so i deleted the all nfos in that season and after a scrape and clean the whole season became unscrapable.

these nfos were generated by TMM some from around 2015, I even tried removing the series.xml generated by tmm to see if that was what was "overidding" but no luck

I'm tempted to try removing all the nfos in an affected show to see if that retriggers a full show pull.

Has anyone experienced this before? if so what do?

Thanks !
@phyzical

(2019-06-22, 07:08)phyzical Wrote: these nfos were generated by TMM some from around 2015,
Have a read of this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

From your comment above, item 1e is the problem, possibly also 1f
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-22, 07:14)Karellen Wrote: @phyzical
(2019-06-22, 07:08)phyzical Wrote: these nfos were generated by TMM some from around 2015,
Have a read of this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

From your comment above, item 1e is the problem, possibly also 1f 
Ah knew this would be stickied somewhere sorry...

1f - im using tvdb ATM should i stop and just use moviedb? i just use this as sonarr does aswell
1e - Ah thanks i think it might be a combination of invalid show.nfo and shows not being scanned as the correct show after removal of the show.nfo

The usual shit Big Grin

Thanks for the speedy reply and enjoy your weekend Smile
@Karellen sorry while i have you have you ever experienced after running clean library, shows become unscrapable until marking the source type as none then back to tv show?

super frustrating as it takes an hour or so to fully rescan (not to mention loss of watched) haha..

(i use a mysql setup if that helps?)

if this isnt the right place to ask where should i ask this question

Thanks again!
(2019-06-22, 08:03)phyzical Wrote: have you ever experienced after running clean library, shows become unscrapable until marking the source type as none then back to tv show?
No, I have not experienced it. Post a Debug Log which captures the issue and I will try to find what is causing it. Make sure your shows are correctly named.

Re your lost watched status, play counts-

Make use of the Export function in Kodi. No use keeping your stale nfo files from TMM as they are not capturing all your user information. Get into the habit of running a regular export to save all that valuable data.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Or you could use the WatchedList add-on... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedList
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ah cool i;ll start exporting my library to save myself in the future thanks for the tip

i had a sniff in the log, after a clean this happens for a majority of show and movies
there is a bunch of "cant connect", but there is no loss of connection as the source is on the box that runs the scan

marking as none and then marking as tv show again makes it able to access again?

FYI its a FTP server hosted on same box as the kodi that is scraping

heres a few lines but there is alot of these rest seemed to be valid notices
Code:

13:35:46.214 T:7444   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for ftp://USERNAME@IP:21/Tv Shows/Scorpion/Season 3/Scorpion.s03e19.mkv

Ever seen this?

thanks!
I need the full log, but I think you said you were using Local Information Scanner. Make sure you have changed it to an actual scraper.
My Signature
(2019-06-22, 08:47)Karellen Wrote: I need the full log, but I think you said you were using Local Information Scanner. Make sure you have changed it to an actual scraper.

kk no worries im halfway through rescanning part of the library, ill restart kodi and replicate my issue for a cleaner log.

sorry, im not choosing the local information scanner, i use the TVDB scanner for tv shows and moviedb for movies
so here is a full log of me "cleaning"  (note when i ran this there was only 1 source the movies) https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/PJDtvqVVf5/

after the clean the refresh takes 0 seconds and cant find the movies any more?

the werid part is i notice its complaining about other source folders too, even though i removed them (a few cleans ago) to reduce the test size

im going to try removing all sources and ill see if it still searches for things it shouldnt

Edit: yep... with 0 sources instant scan and it complains about all my shows with the error i posted before?

okay maybe thats a cache issue as to why it scanned the extra sources, restarted kodi it no longer tries the old locations
Seems you have a permission problem as you can see from those 26,000 lines of errors. But you did not enable Debug Mode, so there may be other info missing.

Are your network permissions correctly set?

I recall other users having problems when using ftp. Might want to try SMB.
My Signature
(2019-06-22, 10:51)Karellen Wrote: Seems you have a permission problem as you can see from those 26,000 lines of errors. But you did not enable Debug Mode, so there may be other info missing.

Are your network permissions correctly set?

I recall other users having problems when using ftp. Might want to try SMB.

hmm is it really permission issues though? as it can scan it all the first time (i agree it is though i mean it says it is)

by network permissions what would change between a clean and an initial scan?

Reason im using FTP is SMB used to run into issues with devices that connected via VPN

i also decided to rip the bandaids off and deleted all nfos to rule that out

kk here is one with debug mode on https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/X3CHzd58Kn/

i only scanned in movies as a source they were found, then when i cleaned it gets that same issue
a quick update,

resolved the scrapping issues, like you said the shows that had issues kodi didnt scrape correctly due to name, it was the existing nfos that were making it extra confusing.

in relation to my cleaning issue, ill just try avoiding ever using clean i guess haha.

If it does occur again though, ill try SMB and see if i run into the "issue" that forced me over to FTP.

Thanks again!
Ok, great that you figured out the problem. NFO Files are a very versatile, but they can become problematic when they are old or they are not fully kodi compatible. (How many times have I asked a member if they have nfo files, to be told no. And after a dozen posts... oh yes there are nfo files they forgot about...)

If the library is scraping, and your media is playing, then there should be no problems running a clean library.

Sure, let us know if you get stuck again. I'll mark this solved for now, but I can always remove it if it is not solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv show scraping bug nfo3