Req PVR Channel Groups Selectable from Home Window
Would like to make a feature request that would show all available PVR Channel Groups on the Live TV Home page and allow a user to select a group, which would then take them directly to the Guide Screen for the group they have selected. I can already add channel groups to my home menu, but when selected, nothing actually happen, when I thought at least the TV Channel window might open. I'm sure most people will get the general picture of this feature request.

I know this has previously been requested here 267812 (thread)
So maybe it's already in the pipeline for Kodi 19.
(2019-06-23, 14:11)Dumyat Wrote: Would like to make a feature request that would show all available PVR Channel Groups on the Live TV Home page and allow a user to select a group, which would then take them directly to the Guide Screen for the group they have selected. I can already add channel groups to my home menu, but when selected, nothing actually happen, when I thought at least the TV Channel window might open. I'm sure most people will get the general picture of this feature request.

I know this has previously been requested here 267812 (thread)
So maybe it's already in the pipeline for Kodi 19.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16351 :-)
@ksooo
Woohoo!.....That's great!  Smile
Many thanks for adding this feature. Much appreciated. What with the addition of PVR reminders as well, Kodi Matrix is looking very exciting for live TV  Smile I've also added a widget to my PVR home screen for movies currently playing, using the PVR Group for Movies:-

I quite like it, but only have 4-5 dedicated movie channels. I tried to replicate the same thing using the various genres for Movies/Films, so that I could catch all the movies currently playing in the guide, not just in the movie channel group, but I couldn't get it to work as I wanted.

Do you know if anybody has ever thought about a widget for live TV recommendations into Kodi core, ie what's on tonight or this week that you could set a reminder or timer from the home screen?  I was using an addon to do exactly this, scrapping daily TV recommendations from an external site in the UK. It worked fine, but does require a fair amount of manual configuration to pair the data with Kodi's PVR channel so you could set a reminder or timer.  That's probably a little too tedious for most users I suspect, but I still like the idea I must admit. Maybe there is way of accomplishing the same kind of feature, using the existing EPG data in Kodi? Channels most frequently played for instance to show prime time suggestions/recommendations or completely random items taken from the guide data? Of course, that's me thinking this is a fairly simple thing to achieve, which it's probably not. It's certainly beyond anything I could create, but still worth voicing the idea at least.....

Again, thanks for adding this feature and all your continued efforts at improving the PVR section.
Cheers
Downloaded latest Matrix today and saw this change there. 
Works like a charm and as expected from my perspective.
Great stuff....Well done!
Cheers
(2019-07-08, 16:19)Dumyat Wrote: Downloaded latest Matrix today and saw this change there. 
Works like a charm and as expected from my perspective.
Great stuff....Well done!
Cheers

Have you seen https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16360 ? [emoji2]
No, I hadn't seen it.
Strangely enough I tried creating custom thumbnails for each group earlier. Thought I was going to get away with having a thumbnail that matched the group name and that would do it. Sadly, that thought process didn't work and managed to break my install after only 10 mins before I got the chance to try anything else. lol
Thankfully, I'm up and running again now. Like your idea though for the group thumbnails....Much easier!  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Channel Groups Selectable from Home Window0