Custom Genre Icons
We both like this skin.. but we have one issue that i can't find out how to address. My wife has her personal set of genres that i have added to our local collection of movies XML files.
They are things like .HC for horror comedy or .AD for Adventure Drama, or .AT or Adventure Thriller... etc...   leading . so they are at the top of the sort list.

So.. they are being read and showing up but with a default icon and the genre text only showing at the bottom of the screen for the currently selected icon.

I have a set of icons for each of our custom genres but don't know how to incorporate them. I know some coding so i could figure it out if i just know where to do it.

Any help and or insight is welcome ;O)
Oh.. i forgot.. i have seen other genres icons with the icon text under the genre icon... is that a setting somewhere that i can turn on?
horror comedy Adventure Drama,
at this time i think kodi can only display 1 genre being Adventure
i found that making subfolders in the genre folder(Adventure) subfolder(Drama)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343528
(2019-06-24, 02:32)the_other_guy Wrote: horror comedy Adventure Drama,
at this time i think kodi can only display 1 genre being Adventure
i found that making subfolders in the genre folder(Adventure) subfolder(Drama)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343528

Thanks for the reply.... where would i look for the genre folder?

For clarity i am dealing with my own movie files stored locally on my own external drives. The XML file for each file has a section for genre and you can have as many as you want and the scraper adds as many as it finds from IMDB. So if a movie has multiple genres as most do.. Kodi will group the same movie into each of its defined genres. And we have come up with our own genres and added them to the XML file. They show up in Kodi but of course do not have their own ICON just the default one. So I think I need to know where the code that contains the linkage of genre to genre icon. That should tell me where it is getting the standard icons from... Assuming that is how it works... ;O)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Genre Icons0