• 18(current)
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
(2020-04-16, 14:27)Snapcase Wrote: @Cinephile It's not tested with python 3 but it might work. Once Kodi 19 is more advanced I'll probably switch it over and make it version 1.0

@gjhx Unfortunately ambilight doesn't work on Android devices, there's nothing I can do on my end.

Ho... Ok, very sad Sad
(2020-04-14, 20:20)Snapcase Wrote: I haven't made any (intentional) changes that would cause that afaik. If you include logs I'll investigate

Music Videos / Concerts is working again OK today. Must have been a glitch.

Thanks.
(2020-04-16, 14:50)gjhx Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 14:27)Snapcase Wrote: @Cinephile It's not tested with python 3 but it might work. Once Kodi 19 is more advanced I'll probably switch it over and make it version 1.0

@gjhx Unfortunately ambilight doesn't work on Android devices, there's nothing I can do on my end.

Ho... Ok, very sad Sad 
I did get ambilight working on a 2017 nVidia Shield (Android) with Kodi 18.6.  Not sure if it's something unique to my install of Kodi like remnants of previous versions lying around, but what seemed to work for me was to go to Settings --> Player --> and uncheck "Use Hardware Acceleration (MediaSurface)"; leaving the other hardware acceleration option checked.  I chose 4 lights in the options and all of them synced and changed correctly trying the first few minutes of a 1080p x264 video and a 4K HEVC video.  I didn't notice any stuttering with the one HW acceleration option turned off; with both turned off 4K videos were virtually unplayable.  With just MediaSurface disabled, I did not see any obvious dropped or skipped frames, but my vision is not great (all the hits to the head in rugby and lacrosse growing up) so someone else may be able to better determine that.  Hope this helps someone.

Snapcase, excellent work.  This was the one thing missing from my SPMC to Kodi upgrade after SPMC was killed off.
Yeah, whether or not it works depends on how the video is decoded, and some hardware decoders don't work. As you saw, turning off hardware acceleration can work, but on some hardware the video might not play well. Results will vary and the best bet is to experiment with different settings to see what works best with your hardware.

Glad you found it useful despite that limitation!
Hi Snapcase,

first of all, thank you for this addon.
For me it´s runnig in Ambilight Mode on a RPI3 with Libreelec 9.2.

My Problem is, it´s crashing more often. I checked a lot of different configs but it dosn´t really help.
Sometime it´s running for hours, sometimes it crashes after 5 min (1. sound gone, 2. picture freeze, 3. kodi reboot).

Could you please take a look at it? It would be so nice if it worked properly. Thanks.

Here my logfiles:
https://filebin.net/8mtgald3378d6kbz
As had been requested a couple of times in this thread, there are now options to either force on or ignore scenes based on whether your lights are on or off. This is useful if you turn on your lights manually on a gloomy day and want the script to be activated, or vice versa. You'll find these options under "schedule".

Also new is a separate video activation option for Live TV

My thanks to cyberden on github for the contribution!
@pepszi It looks like Kodi is completely crashing rather than the script itself. I'm not sure what could be causing that, there are no error messages from the Hue script in your logs. Could you please try with debugging logging turn on and sending a new set of logs?  It also looks like you have another ambilight plugin installed, could you make sure it's disabled just to make sure there isn't some kind of conflict between the two?
(2020-06-02, 17:06)Snapcase Wrote: @pepszi It looks like Kodi is completely crashing rather than the script itself. I'm not sure what could be causing that, there are no error messages from the Hue script in your logs. Could you please try with debugging logging turn on and sending a new set of logs?  It also looks like you have another ambilight plugin installed, could you make sure it's disabled just to make sure there isn't some kind of conflict between the two?

Hi Snapcase,

kodi is crashing only when ambilight is running.
The other hue plugin was disabled, i uninstalled it now.

Here the new logfiles with activated debugging in your addon:
https://filebin.net/uvqgqv52u4wz8qyy

Hope you can investigate further now? Thank you!
Would it be possible for this plugin to send a command with a delay? I have a hue outlet which I would like to turn off once Kodi is shutdown. The action could be triggered by the shutdown command, but would have to be delayed on the hub by about 40 seconds. Is this at all possible?
(2020-06-01, 12:47)pepszi Wrote: Hi Snapcase,

first of all, thank you for this addon.
For me it´s runnig in Ambilight Mode on a RPI3 with Libreelec 9.2.

My Problem is, it´s crashing more often. I checked a lot of different configs but it dosn´t really help.
Sometime it´s running for hours, sometimes it crashes after 5 min (1. sound gone, 2. picture freeze, 3. kodi reboot).

Could you please take a look at it? It would be so nice if it worked properly. Thanks.

Here my logfiles:
https://filebin.net/8mtgald3378d6kbz
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem on a RPI3B+ with Librelec 9.2.3 (and previous 9.2 versions).
Hyperion was installed, but deactivated. After deletion of the AddOn, nothing changed, unfortunately... Sad
@Fussi @pepszi - Do the crashes happen when ambilight is disabled? Just trying to narrow it down.

@mrVazil - It's not possible to send a command after Kodi is shutdown and looking at what Hue supports, they don't have a delay function I could use. That said, I won't be supporting Hue plugs or shut down commands any time soon either. I can't do it all so I'm going to stick to support for lights and playback for now.
@Snapcase
No crashes when Ambilight is disabled.

Tested it now with OSMC too and some old versions of your plugin. Unfortunately the problem remains Sad
Hello Snapcase

I use your addons for my home cinema and everything works great. I only use the video actions function and I asked if it would be possible to add an action on the movie chapters.
Most films have chapters in the mkv container and the last chapter is most often the ending credits. 
If this info is available in Kodi, it would be a great experience like in the cinema to be able to turn on a soft light from the start of the end credits. 
Perhaps it is not possible, in any case a big thank you for taking up this addon and making it evolve as you do.
Hi @qowe 

That's a good idea, thanks for the suggestion. I don't have much free time these days so I don't think it'll be any time soon but when I get a chance I'll look into it - I don't know off hand how easy it is to do
Hi @Snapcase,
Great, thank you for your answer. No emergency of course, it was just an idea like that, it's already a great job that you make available to the community.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue Service & Ambilight0