• 19(current)
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
Hi @pepszi 

I finally found some time to sit down and look into this, but unfortunately, it looks like your links to your logs expired and the link no longer works. Could you please repost them or provide a new batch?
As of yesterday I get error messages on startup that the Hue service is not able to initialize. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/qequfutera

Not really sure how I should interpret those error messages. They suggest an issue with Python but I am not aware that anything else in my Kodi setup would not work as usual.

The lights can be controlled via Hue app without issue.
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Maintenance tools are banned now too? Sad

The offending addons have been removed. Thanks for the hint.

Here is the, hopefully, cleaned up log

https://paste.kodi.tv/vehoyajapa
Hi @Juppstein, thanks for the logs. 

I've never seen this error before and I'm not sure how to fix it. Has it worked for you before and suddenly stop working? Did you add an addon, change settings, update kodi versions, anything that might have changed on your setup? 

I'll do some googling and see what I come up with
The only thing I have installed recently was Visual Studio Code. But that is so outside the realm of Kodi and AFAIK the lights were still working after that install.
I don't use Linux much nor VS Code, but I think Kodi on Linux uses the system's python libraries. I'm wondering if VS Code might have installed or changed some libraries on your system - it's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Also, looking at your logs it looks like the Hue script isn't the only one with the problem, script.embuary.helper is throwing the exact same error on your system and it's coming from the numpy lib. The latest version of numpy was updated on September 10th (1.19.2), which matches with the timing. Could you try reverting to 1.91.1 to see if that fixes it? You should be able to do that with "pip install 'numpy==1.19.1'"
(2020-09-15, 22:35)Snapcase Wrote: I don't use Linux much nor VS Code, but I think Kodi on Linux uses the system's python libraries. I'm wondering if VS Code might have installed or changed some libraries on your system - it's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Also, looking at your logs it looks like the Hue script isn't the only one with the problem, script.embuary.helper is throwing the exact same error on your system and it's coming from the numpy lib. The latest version of numpy was updated on September 10th (1.19.2), which matches with the timing. Could you try reverting to 1.91.1 to see if that fixes it? You should be able to do that with "pip install 'numpy==1.19.1'"
That was my though as well but I checked that and no other libs or packages have been installed during VS Code setup. VSC is mainly used for javascript development, not for python, so it also wouldn't make sense to have something coming from there. 

And yes, I saw the other error message from Emby as well just now. It seems to have a relation to the numpy package. Perhaps I'll just get rid of the 2.x python packages and reinstall them all, see what that does.
OK, did some digging as well and it seems that the issue might come from a problem with Numpy in the latest python packages for some distributions. 

https://www.pythonanywhere.com/forums/topic/26966/

I switched to another version as you suggested and here ist the pastebin:

https://paste.kodi.tv/kuhakaliqi

While Hue service is starting up now, the MovieDB helper is now having issues together iwth the Embuary helper service Big Grin

While I might be the first one reporting this, I might not be the last one, unless v19 will fix this by ditching Python 2.
Hi @Juppstein 

That pretty much confirms an issue with that version of numpy, thanks for trying it out.

The link is interesting, and does confirm your case - two scripts importing numpy conflicting. It's unfortunately something I can't do anything about, hopefully numpy addresses it.

Kodi 19 will indeed switch to Python 3, but my script isn't compatible yet. I'll make a python 3 version when Kodi 19 is closer to being released and I can use it in my own setup
Hi, how well will your script function with the new "Philips Hue Play Gradient Lightstrip"?

https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/p/hue-...6677560416
(2020-10-07, 00:48)geircito Wrote: Hi, how well will your script function with the new "Philips Hue Play Gradient Lightstrip"?

https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/p/hue-...6677560416

Hi

It's not supported at all. Philipps hasn't made an API available yet so there's no way for me to control it, and I don't have one to test. Also, my script only supports a limited number of colours so you definitely wouldn't be getting the most of the light strip. It might be possible for the script to turn it on and off and set it to one colour like the older light strips, but I can't confirm that without getting one, and that's not in the budget for now Smile

Kris
Hello,

I like using the ambient light function for the light strips behind the tv when watching a movie. I have this turned off for other media types like tv shows. I have an action defined in Eventghost that turns on the light strip at sunset. However if watching a tv show during that time, the addon evidently prevents that because I have ambient light turned off. Also if I turn them on manually, they get turned off when I start a tv show. I guess what’s needed is a way to not alter the light state of the lights assigned to ambient light if that option is turned off. Is that possible?

thx
'It's my first python & Kodi project too so I'm no wizard. I wanted to look into this feature again after I investigate the new settings system in Kodi 19.
I think the new system might make it easier to come up with a settings UI that supports this. The original implementation I got the colour logic from (ScreenBloom) supports dynamic zones based on X,Y points in a dict. I think the best implementation would be to keep this but adapt the settings to Kodi. Even if the settings UI wouldn't really let you have something fully dynamic, it could have multiple patterns like left/right, top/bottom, full screen. This would make it easier to maintain and easier to edit zones/patterns later on since only the settings would need to be changed and the code would be zone agnostic. 
The other factor is performance. I don't know how expensive the crop method is, but at a minimum, if someone isn't using zones it needs to skip that for speed. 
For now, I didn't make a start on using the new settings systems since Kodi 19 doesn't support the Pillow Image Library that's needed to manipulate the image yet. I didn't want to implement something I know I'll be changing in a couple weeks/months.'
I think, you've made a lot of work already and, please, don't stop.
Hi,
Try as I may, I cannot get my bridge to be detected.
I read earlier in the thread, about putting the IP address in manually, in settings.xml
I’ve located the said file, and section that says BridgeIP, but cannot figure out where to input my bride ip, do I delete BridgeIP and I put it there?
Can someone give me easy to follow instructions on where it goes please?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue Service & Ambilight0