• 23(current)
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
Is anyone else experiencing a lack of ambilight functionality all of a sudden? I have been using this add on for months with zero issues. This past week I noticed ambilight stopped working. Kodi still reports that the hue service is connected when starting up and the add on detects the bridge and all of my lights.
Hi

There was a small bug that I've just fixed. You can get the latest development version here: https://github.com/zim514/script.service.hue
Thanks, I added this repository and installed the latest build. I can confirm all settings transferred over and ambilight works once again!
Hi ,
I am new to this ,I have hue light bulb GU10 colour and I am trying to sync the ambilight but for some reason I am not getting anything at all , mean no colours . Using kodi matrix 19.3 , Nvidia shield . Anyone can help please ? Thanks
Hello.

Thank your for this great addon! I've been using it for over a year now. There is one small issue that seems to keep showing up: if my NVIDIA Shield is put to sleep with Kodi still running, and then later turned back on again, it seems like the connection to the Hue Hub is lost and there is no attempt to reconnect. When starting video, the lights will not do anything.
If I then close Kodi and open it again, everything works as expected.

Is it possible to implement a function to reconnect to the Hub when the device is woken up from sleep?
Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing a large delay between starting Kodi and the Hue service starting? It used to start a few seconds later but now it’s several minutes later. Usually after I’ve started content playback. This forces me to either wait, or stop playback and then resume playback to experience ambilight.

Fwiw I believe I’m still running this add on from the repository I was linked to back in May.
I have been enjoying using this add-on for a long while now. Thank you to the developer! Although a few months ago it stopped working. I believe my Hue hub had changed its IP address or something, so I got it working briefly, but then it wouldn't work on restart. But searching around, someone mentioned turning OFF hardware acceleration in Chrome. That did the trick! And now this Hue Service is working again. So in case anyone else has some head-scratching issues with getting it to work, try that. No idea how Chrome would be effecting this Kodi add-on, though.
Not sure if this can be fixed, but when the lights power on by schedule (Sunset), if playing a PVR channel that only contains audio and no video stream (Radio), the Hue add-on generates an on-screen Error dialog that 'No Video is currently Playing', which is true, because i'm playing a radio channel, not a video channel, at that point in time.

@Snapcase; If you've received error reports of this nature, they are likely from me, via the add-on's built-in error-reporting.

Dan / Gib.
Thanks for reporting this. I saw those errors but couldn't figure out why they were happening, but with your information, I'll be able to fix this in a future version.

https://github.com/zim514/script.service.hue/issues/249
Cheers @Snapcase.

I've disabled the error reporting prompt for the time-being to stop the popup, and i'll wait for a future update until re-enabling it.

Having a seperate issue with stopping playback of a video stream, with both scenes and ambilight enabled. The add-on seems to select the 'playback' scene for the lights, on playback stop, and not the 'idle' scene as I have it set up. I've checked the option 'Resume Light State' from the Ambilight settings area, assuming this would return the lights back to the state they were at prior to playback start, but that doesn't happen for me. I've not tried it with Ambilight mode disabled yet though. I redid the scene creation twice, so i'm pretty sure I allocated the correct colour and brightness to that scene.

Finally, changing any settings in any sub-window / dialog and clicking 'OK', forces the add-on focus to keep returning to the first root menu item, and not back to the menu item / option you were previously browsing in / changing. This can be a bit disjointing, especially when attempting to set-up / assign multiple scenes or actions concurrently.

Otherwise, excellent add-on. Working as expected, many thanks for coding this.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
The crash should be fixed in the new version on the repo. 

For the resume light state, it saves the state of the lights when playback starts and then reapplies it when you pause or stop, it doesn't use the scenes. If its not behaving properly I'll need logs to check it out.

As for the settings screen, that's a limitation of Kodi
Hello, I am trying to download this service with 19.5 and it seems to break kodi whenever I try to open it. I have tried the official repo, the dev repo, and manually installing the zip. I get "bridge not configured" as I would expect would be normal but the moment I try to open the service to set it up it breaks Kodi and closes the app.
You could try manually altering the settings.xml file.
Great work. Just one feature request.

Is it possible to bind a keypress to an action?

e.g., have a keypress trigger the scene to transition.
After playing around I added a SetProperty function to my keymap with the key "action". 

However, with the action = cache_get("action") function it is expecting two elements returned. I can't quite figure out how to parse the SetProperty function with the correct data ['play',1] as it reads the comma as a delimiter and tries 1 as a windowId.

To get around this I just used an if statement to append the light group ID if the action list is length 1.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue Service & Ambilight0