• 9(current)
Raspberry Pi 4
a comment on the phoronix forum suggested the benchmark may have not lasted long enough for the case to fully saturate with heat.

though my pimoroni case has been running 24/7 and pretty stable at 60'c
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
just received my rpi4 canakit, and it includes a fan - although I don't recall it being in the specifications.  A plus at any rate.

The FLIRC case is amazing.
Hi there guys,
Just got my Pi4 and put LibreELEC (Leia) 9.1.002 ALPHA on it.
Gui is just find, but when i try to play video (doesnt matter what) i got sound but the screen stays black.
And idea why that is?
I had this issue too, use the hdmi socket closest to the power connector and it should work
(2019-08-28, 17:46)spong_miester Wrote: I had this issue too, use the hdmi socket closest to the power connector and it should work

Now i just got a little screen top left. 
could it be  because i didn't added hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 yet.
If not, i will do a clean install.
Not sure, that fixed the issue for me, but never connected it to a 4k screen
Clean install worked, every thing works now.

Thnx spong_miester
I bought a Pi4B for something else and figured I would check out Kodi on it.  Not happy at all.  Can't playing anything above 50 Mb/s on it without constant stuttering.  My Fire TV Gen2 handles it all just fine.
let the dev's beat on it a bit longer, its new hardware.

i tried libreelec and skipping was a lot slower than my Odroid C2 but i'm sure they will work it out in the end.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Yeah, fair enough.  I don't doubt the hardware.  The specs are certainly enough.  I figured it the implementation was off.  Needs more time.
Finally got Kodi to run, and the Pi 4GB seems to be quite better than my New Qnap TS453be. My 4k Video (tested on Deadpool) was stuttering even with 500MB of Cache. The Pi seems to perform better but I have two big issues (One would be the missing True-HD, but lets hope thatll work someday soon):
The other on is, that after 5-10mins of 4k Video I get a delay between Video and Audio. Audio seems to play further but the video cant keep up and gets delayed. When I stop the video and start it again its fine for said minutes.

I manually connected via WinSCP and went into the kodi/userdata folder and added the advancedsettings.xml I use on my QNAP

"<advancedsettings>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <cache><memorysize>524288000</memorysize></cache>
</advancedsettings>"

Should that help? Or any ideas whats causing the problem?
We currently waiting on MESA updates like Retropie is? Or is there something else that is currently hanging things up here?
For some reason I am having trouble getting my Harmony Remote to recognize my Raspberry Pi.   My Flirc IR device is not working so I figured I'd plug in my old USB IR Receiver that I got with my Hauppauge Media Center Tuner probably 10 some odd years ago. 

I figure since we all got an RPi4, maybe someone else here is doing the same setup with a Harmony and a generic USB IR Receiver....

EDIT: I got my Flirc working using a Linux Live CD, but I am still curious what profile I should use for the Generic IR Receiver.  Maybe Microsoft MCE Keyboard?
Does anybody get stuttery movies when subtitles are enabled?
What is the current status of RPi 4 and 4K HDR Remuxes with kodi? Do they run perfectly or is there some downsides?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 43