• 10(current)
Raspberry Pi 4
(2020-06-07, 08:33)Guilles Wrote: What is the current status of RPi 4 and 4K HDR Remuxes with kodi? Do they run perfectly or is there some downsides?

The Pi 4B has no HDR output support at the moment.  There may be some rudimentary HDR->SDR conversion - but I wouldn't buy a Pi4B now if that's what you want.

A 10-bit friendly 2160p video output, HDR support and HD Audio bit streaming are all possible with the Pi 4B hardware - the software support is going to take a little while.
There is now a test build of Kodi+LibreElec with HD Audio bitstream/pass through support for the Pi 4B (including Atmos).  Still very much a work in progress - you can't get 4K and HD Audio output at the same time at the moment, and h.264 decode is software not hardware in this build - but it's a good step in the right direction.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/22302-...atmos-etc/

As expected though, it does show that work continues to improve support for the hardware capabilities of the platform (The Pi 4B has hardware capable of both HD Audio and 4K HDR output - with the firmware/software needing support to be implemented, which appears to be happening)
What’s the verdict on pi4 and 3D mvc? Is it likely to be implemented? I was a bit surprised to see it missing, given how long it’s been in prior pi releases.
Bump?
Apparently recent build #0717 played 3D MVC, but displayed it as two images. Sounds like a start, but a ways to go it seems.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2020-07-07, 08:21)noggin Wrote: There is now a test build of Kodi+LibreElec with HD Audio bitstream/pass through support for the Pi 4B (including Atmos).  Still very much a work in progress - you can't get 4K and HD Audio output at the same time at the moment, and h.264 decode is software not hardware in this build - but it's a good step in the right direction.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/22302-...atmos-etc/

As expected though, it does show that work continues to improve support for the hardware capabilities of the platform (The Pi 4B has hardware capable of both HD Audio and 4K HDR output - with the firmware/software needing support to be implemented, which appears to be happening)
Yes! I grabbed it as soon as it was available. I've waited a long time for my receiver to show this coming from my KODI Pi.

Thank you KODI development team!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 43