Problem with play 4k video trough network
Hi,
My TV support 4K and I am successfully playing 4k movie with a built-in video player from HDD, but I can't play with Kodi 18 through FTP server that runs on my computer.
I am searching for an answer for a couple of hours but stack without luck.

I installed Kodi 18 on my Xiaomi mi box s.

I have a wired connection to the network.
I even tried to connect the TV directly to my pc with ethernet
In a local network, why would you use FTP for that?
SMB or NFS should be better suited for media streaming IMO.
(2019-06-28, 13:00)Klojum Wrote: In a local network, why would you use FTP for that?
SMB or NFS should be better suited for media streaming IMO.

I had problems with the SMB in the past between Android devices and Windows 10, so I didn`t try. But I tried to play 4k movie with Kodi from HDD without success. 
xiaomi mi box s with kodi
For now on, the only way to play 4k movie on my 4k tv is a Samsung built-in video player and HDD.
Wondering. Works perfectly on my simple FireTV 4K, even via AC-wireless. I am using NFS.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-06-28, 12:33)shahary911 Wrote: Hi,
My TV support 4K and I am successfully playing 4k movie with a built-in video player from HDD, but I can't play with Kodi 18 through FTP server that runs on my computer.
I am searching for an answer for a couple of hours but stack without luck.

I installed Kodi 18 on my Xiaomi mi box s.

I have a wired connection to the network.
I even tried to connect the TV directly to my pc with ethernet
Mostly, 4K video has around 4 times more pixels than 1080p video. That also means your 4K video will be at least 4 times larger than 1080p. Hence, the current 4K video is made by HEVC codec (Higher compression efficiency) to better balance between video quality and file size.

Based on the kodi wiki, Kodi player can upscale standard-definition video to HD video up to 1080i/1080p. Of course, the latest version of Kodi might have already updated to support 4K 2160p resolution. But it might not do that seamlessly. What's plus, kodi wiki also mentioned that kodi player can't support HEVC video playback unless it's kodi 14 or higher version. 

So we can see the HEVC video codec playback is also supported just recently (probably not so mature than you think). 
Therefore, if your 4K video just happens to be encoded by HEVC, it's quite understandable that KOdi player meets some errors.

That's why almost all types of GPU hardware brands and software programs claim that they support GPU hardware acceleration tech, which can indeed solve the computing-demanding 4K (HEVC) video playback issue.
To know more detailed information, here comes a comprehensive Intellectual commentary.

Certainly, what you concern most is still the solution. How to play 4K video smoothly using kodi player?
Damn easy! Downscale 4K to 1080p or convert 4K (HEVC) video to H264 codec.
Hope it's helpful for you and you get luck!
(2019-07-04, 12:38)JamieLYm Wrote: So we can see the HEVC video codec playback is also supported just recently (probably not so mature than you think). 
Therefore, if your 4K video just happens to be encoded by HEVC, it's quite understandable that KOdi player meets some errors.
Have you forgotten to take your IQ pill today? Smile

(2019-07-04, 12:38)JamieLYm Wrote: Certainly, what you concern most is still the solution. How to play 4K video smoothly using kodi player?
Damn easy! Downscale 4K to 1080p or convert 4K (HEVC) video to H264 codec.
Yep, you forgot to take it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with play 4k video trough network0