v18 1080p video slutering
Hello

1080p HD video only are slutering on my KODI 18.3 (and all other vertion before that one) on my Philips TV only.

I explain. 

Since last week, I finnaly bought a Synology NAS, a DS418Play. before that I had my video file on hard disk connectected to my internet box, after that, I had a wifi disk (wester digital MyPassport) and now, the Nas.

I thought the problem was related to data transfer speed, because I tried every solution I can find on the nett with no success (mainly playing with Kodi parameters about frames/s and so on)

I thought too, the Nas will solve it. 

So the answer is no.

All not HD video  up to 720p plays very well on the tv but 180 no.

So I tried to read those 1080 on Kodi set up on my PC connected to the nas trough CPL surprisingly it works very well. Then I tried from my pad connected through WIFI and it works very well too.

So IThe proble is only on the TV, but guess what? I tried on the TV with DS Video, the player from Synology and it works well too.

I have just to try with Plex but not had time to setup yet, so will be next stage.

But the point is only Kodi is not able to read 1080p Video so far on the TV only.

All idea are welcome.
Strange i have a phillips tv to, and its doing the same, im using a direct link from pc to tv via hdmi, its defaulting to 24hz, and that is just bearable, any other frame rate ie default 60 results in jumpy playback that is unwatchable.

I just dumped my sony tv that yes was doing the same.

Try changing to 24hz, also i have noticed a strange issue that if i change picture modes on my phillips then back to what it was its smoother, bug maybe, but still something is not right.

2019 and cant watch a video lol, what gives?
Hum....

Had installed Plex, and guess what? HD movies plays just fine, so far all media players I tried works well except Kodi.
(2019-07-01, 09:59)feanor91 Wrote: Hello

1080p HD video only are slutering on my KODI 18.3 (and all other vertion before that one) on my Philips TV only.

I explain. 

Since last week, I finnaly bought a Synology NAS, a DS418Play. before that I had my video file on hard disk connectected to my internet box, after that, I had a wifi disk (wester digital MyPassport) and now, the Nas.

I thought the problem was related to data transfer speed, because I tried every solution I can find on the nett with no success (mainly playing with Kodi parameters about frames/s and so on)

I thought too, the Nas will solve it. 

So the answer is no.

All not HD video  up to 720p plays very well on the tv but 180 no.

So I tried to read those 1080 on Kodi set up on my PC connected to the nas trough CPL surprisingly it works very well. Then I tried from my pad connected through WIFI and it works very well too.

So IThe proble is only on the TV, but guess what? I tried on the TV with DS Video, the player from Synology and it works well too.

I have just to try with Plex but not had time to setup yet, so will be next stage.

But the point is only Kodi is not able to read 1080p Video so far on the TV only.

All idea are welcome.
It's weird. What kind of video format and codec your 1080p video is? Do you check other parameter settings about your 1080p video, including frame rate, bit rate, audio codec, etc.?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p video slutering0