DLNA and Pictures
Hi all,
New to Kodi but very impressed so far. Just one question. Have added sources for my Videos, Music and Pictures. Have enabled UPNP/DLNA. When I use a media player client on my iPhone I can see the Video Library and Music Library, but nothing listed for Pictures. Previously had this working fine with Meezmo but wanting to transition to Kodi.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwarfboysim
Kodi does not use a library for pictures, rather it operates like a simple file browser. So no pictures over DLNA

Moved to pictures.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sad 
(2019-07-02, 04:36)Karellen Wrote: Kodi does not use a library for pictures, rather it operates like a simple file browser. So no pictures over DLNA

Moved to pictures.

kodi does index the meta data from upnp / dlna pictures perfectly, only, it does not show the pictures [black screen] :-( and, yes, this had worked in the past
I am also experiencing this problem. Pictures fail to display (just black screen) in recent (18.x) versions of Kodi via UPnP/DLNA.
This has worked fine in the past (have an old 16.0 on one PC here ... there it works).
If it were intentional that this does not work (Pictures via UPnP/DLNA) then why is it possible to add such sources and even navigate through them?
It's all there just the picture display does not work.
The same source displays pictures just fine when accessed via SMB share.
I am having the same problem using FireStick UPnp.  Works fine on my PC but using network drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA and Pictures0