widgets ??
Hello, is there a way to widgets for the start menu?
(2019-07-04, 02:48)arielf Wrote: Hello, is there a way to widgets for the start menu?

Ariel,

Skin settings menu under Home Shelf sub menu. You can change widgets for Movies, TVShows and Music.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks, and can I add custom items in the start menu?
(2019-07-04, 08:43)wyrm Wrote: Ariel,

Skin settings menu under Home Shelf sub menu. You can change widgets for Movies, TVShows and Music.

Wyrm

(2019-07-04, 13:07)arielf Wrote: Thanks, and can I add custom items in the start menu?
(2019-07-04, 08:43)wyrm Wrote: Ariel,

Wyrm

@arielf,

Yep either Home Screen sub menu in in Skin Settings menu or from home menu go left until Screen Settings menu appears. Then Customise Home Screen item to enter Home Screen customisation screen. Click on things to change or add menu items. Should be pretty easy to figure out.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

ImageThere have been a number of attempted "apple" type skins over the years  and its nice too see this one has been maintained and is fully functional. Not sure if your finished not as far as any changes to keep up with "ATV UI ", @wyrm ?
I noticed a while back a feature in one of the other skins that (imo anyway), is exactly like on my Apple tv box, that is when watching a video, pressing down , a control box slides down from the top with subtitles , video , audio, options etc , am going to have a look this week to see if there's a way to integrate that into your skin , also the widgets in the other skin mimic those on the ATV box, see pics, movies have a large poster and series has large wide landscape type widgets. All just eye candy I know , so I will be using your skin whether I can add those or not. Hope am not being disrespectful by suggesting these tweaks, yours is a great skin.Image
(2019-07-06, 11:02)ontap Wrote: ImageThere have been a number of attempted "apple" type skins over the years  and its nice too see this one has been maintained and is fully functional. Not sure if your finished not as far as any changes to keep up with "ATV UI ", @wyrm ?

ontap, apart from continuing skin engine changes between Kodi versions, don't think will ever be completely finished. Always something to be improved.

Quote:I noticed a while back a feature in one of the other skins that (imo anyway), is exactly like on my Apple tv box, that is when watching a video, pressing down , a control box slides down from the top with subtitles , video , audio, options etc , am going to have a look this week to see if there's a way to integrate that into your skin

Sounds interesting, maybe if you can supply a few screen grabs of it in action on a real AppleTV, might have to investigate adding it myself

Quote: , also the widgets in the other skin mimic those on the ATV box, see pics, movies have a large poster and series has large wide landscape type widgets. All just eye candy I know , so I will be using your skin whether I can add those or not. Hope am not being disrespectful by suggesting these tweaks, yours is a great skin.Image

Always open to suggestions, make a good case for it and if it is possible will always try to make suggestions happen. Just to be clear, the sizing of the Movie posters is due to a number of factors, the main one being that I have continued to supply multiple generations of the home screen as a user option. The shelf code is common between the horizontal and icon home menu types and so is a compromise between the two slightly different shelves. At some point in the future I might just drop the earlier home menu types, at which point a better version of shelf maybe on the cards.

As to the suggestion for the TVShows icons, has been available as an option within the skin settings menu for a very long time. I prefer the Posters over the Thumbs and since I receive very little feedback on skin changes normally, I tend to make what I prefer the default.

Now the following is a general observation and not a criticism aimed at any one person, but people really need to explore the skin settings menus. There is a wealth of customisations available that no one seems to checkout and thus bypass the skin if the out of the box look does not match what they are looking for. Heck, I even provide help text to explain what each of the setting does and all these years later I'm still being asked for things that have been there for ages.

Really must get around to producing a tutorial video on the many skin features people miss. Maybe I could get the "slap head" from YouTube to produce it for me. At least that way I know people will watch it (even if he gets half the information wrong).

Wyrm

Haha , ( slap head ) , I will do a short vid on my phone of the apple tv screen and post it.
Had a good look thru skin settings and cant see an option to change tv widgets to thumbs ? do you mean due to lack of feedback you did away with that ? 
Actually ignore that last bit I like the TV posters the way you have em.
(2019-07-06, 19:54)ontap Wrote: Haha , ( slap head ) , I will do a short vid on my phone of the apple tv screen and post it.
Had a good look thru skin settings and cant see an option to change tv widgets to thumbs ? do you mean due to lack of feedback you did away with that ? 
Actually ignore that last bit I like the TV posters the way you have em.

@ontap

Skin Settings -> Home Shelf -> -Shelf icon type.  Click button, will toggle between Posters or Banners.  Banners is a Thumb nail with a banner image along bottom edge. Still there and has been there since days of xTV SAF.

Wyrm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
widgets ??0