• 4(current)
Release Unfussy
(2019-07-12, 20:23)arielf Wrote: Hello, I do not know why but when I enter the settings menu, or any other than the start menu,
I have no option to return the start? Is it a bug?

I have encountered this in Windows. ESC does not work, but it works with Backspace on my System. On Android everything works as expected for me...
(2019-07-12, 13:29)louis Wrote: Version 0.3.4 available. Changes:

- optional channelgroup support in tvguide
- playcount and lastplayed in dialogvideoinfo

Cheers Louis

Perfect ! Thanks !

Do you think you can also show the status of a movie or episode (watched or not) on the widgets (perhaps a checkmark for watched movies and episodes ?)
(2019-07-13, 08:35)ontap Wrote: Looking at the "show information " screen when clicking on a movie /show. that space at the bottom Louis, a number of skins have filled it with a row of small posters , entitled "similar movies/shows ? 

With 16x9 screen resolution there is no space at the bottom Wink
(2019-07-13, 11:39)hermann_x5 Wrote: Do you think you can also show the status of a movie or episode (watched or not) on the widgets (perhaps a checkmark for watched movies and episodes ?)
Hm, in most of the widgets the status is obvious (e.g. "new movies", "next episodes"). The only widget type the status would be reasonable are smart playlist widgets...do you agree?
(2019-07-13, 18:12)louis Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 11:39)hermann_x5 Wrote: Do you think you can also show the status of a movie or episode (watched or not) on the widgets (perhaps a checkmark for watched movies and episodes ?)
Hm, in most of the widgets the status is obvious (e.g. "new movies", "next episodes"). The only widget type the status would be reasonable are smart playlist widgets...do you agree? 
Yes, I use a lot of smart playlists. And in these I have movies of mixed status. For TV Shows: Absolutely perfect would be for TV Show widgets an "number of unwatched episodes"  badge...
Hi Louis,

Thank you for your latest update; THAT was quick. Now I see why your skin is so responsive  Smile .

After an evening of using Unfussy, I can safely say that you have restored peace and harmony to my home. You see, every time I switched between skins (looking for that elusive 'ideal' collection of features), I would get 'the eye roll' (or worse). Skins were always a compromise of feature sets; until now. As Karellen so accurately stated, the PVR section doesn't always get the love it deserves. You sir, have shown the love. 

Magnificent job; kudos to you. And many thanks, of course.
(2019-07-14, 13:33)piscdi Wrote: Hi Louis,

Thank you for your latest update; THAT was quick. Now I see why your skin is so responsive Smile .

After an evening of using Unfussy, I can safely say that you have restored peace and harmony to my home. You see, every time I switched between skins (looking for that elusive 'ideal' collection of features), I would get 'the eye roll' (or worse). Skins were always a compromise of feature sets; until now. As Karellen so accurately stated, the PVR section doesn't always get the love it deserves. You sir, have shown the love.

Magnificent job; kudos to you. And many thanks, of course.
One small thing about the widgets: If you scroll down the widgets, the focus seems to be on the first episode or movie of the respective widget. Sometimes I want to see the list behind the widgets, which you can do by clicking left and then enter - which is fine. Unfortunately as the focus is on the first item per default, sometimes I click on this when I really want to see the list and the movie, episode is started (which then resets the lastplayed flag). I know, that there are clear badges showing what happens when you click, I would prefer, however, to have the default focus not on the first episode/m ovie but the list. Hope, I made myself clear. A bit tricky to explain Smile
@hermann_x5 : hm, unfortunately your last request is rather complicated to implement. The headers of the widgets are not list items, only the widgets themselves are lists into one grouplist...initially it even wasn't possible to navigate to the widget header elements. May be it is possible, but i have to check this...if it is too hacky, i'll not implement it Wink

Cheers Louis
Version 0.3.6 available. Changes:

- "seen" status for smartplaylist widgets
- "unseen episodes" label for series smartplaylist widgets

Important: to see the changes, you have to rewrite the home widgets xml includes once after the new version is installed. This can be done by just changing something in the widget configuration menu (widget order for instance) and closing the widget config menu.

Cheers Louis
(2019-07-15, 17:25)louis Wrote: Version 0.3.6 available. Changes:

- "unseen episodes" label for series smartplaylist widgets

Important: to see the changes, you have to rewrite the home widgets xml includes once after the new version is installed. This can be done by just changing something in the widget configuration menu (widget order for instance) and closing the widget config menu.

Cheers Louis

perfect ! Thanks !
(2019-07-15, 09:52)louis Wrote: @hermann_x5 : hm, unfortunately your last request is rather complicated to implement. The headers of the widgets are not list items, only the widgets themselves are lists into one grouplist...initially it even wasn't possible to navigate to the widget header elements. May be it is possible, but i have to check this...if it is too hacky, i'll not implement it Wink

Cheers Louis

No problem, as I said, only a minor inconvenience..if it's easy to do, great, otherwise I'll absolutely get used to it...
(2019-07-15, 17:25)louis Wrote: Version 0.3.6 available. Changes:

- "unseen episodes" label for series smartplaylist widgets

Cheers Louis
One remark regarding your caveat. There is a Kodi function that's called "Reload Skin" - wouldn't this help in this scenario (as far as I understand this does exactly what you need: rewriting the xml includes etc...). Unfortunately you cannot add this function to the unfussy menu. In other skins this can be added as a menu point and/or is included in the power-menu...
(2019-07-15, 22:07)hermann_x5 Wrote: There is a Kodi function that's called "Reload Skin"
Adding <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5> to the Global section of the keyboard.xml will do the same by pressing F5 on your keyboard or mapping it to a remote control button.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-15, 22:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 22:07)hermann_x5 Wrote: There is a Kodi function that's called "Reload Skin"
Adding <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5> to the Global section of the keyboard.xml will do the same by pressing F5 on your keyboard or mapping it to a remote control button. 
Thanks ! Good tip. Tried it and works. Unfortunately it does not seem to completely rewrite the xmls, so for Unfussy one really seems to need to edit the widgets in order for these changes to be recognized. Not a big problem...
(2019-07-15, 22:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 22:07)hermann_x5 Wrote: There is a Kodi function that's called "Reload Skin"
Assuming your talking about "DialogKeyboard.xml" , what do you mean by "global" please ? I have placed that code in a number of spots but its not working, could you be a little more specific ?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unfussy3