xbmc-favorites plugin
Last week I've altered the xbmc-addons plugin to use for my personal favorite plugin, scripts and skins. I can't really lable it because all I did was alter the urls in the script and fix a bug (which is also present in the newest xbmc-addons version!).

My three sister don't have a clue how to use FTP, so I did it mainly for them (or actually me, now I don't have to install the updates for them). I've 'forced' them to start listening to streams, music and video's without the need for old fashioned 'compact discs' :p (they were actually still doing that...). It's was time for some education, they were getting old to fast. I had success with that, more then I could dream of! I've bought a XBOX for the three of them and softmodded it and they are going true the roof. A network attached harddrive added to that, filled with my music collection and we have three (six, their boyfriends included) very happy people. They call me me a few times a week to tell me how happy they are with XBMC. All credits go to XBMC and all it's contributers. I've tried to make my sisters and boyfriends more 'digital-minded' for quite some time and XBOX combined with the XBOX did the trick. All other methods were to complicated. Even my dad is getting aroused!

I'm updating the plugins/scripts/skins every week and thought other people might like the same additions to XBMC as I do. I might add some features to the plugin like "Install all" and/or "Update all addons present on your XBOX" when I find the time.

I thought I should at least share the option to other XBMC users, even though it was intended to be used for personal use. Not all plugins you'd like to see might be downloadable. You can suggest addons, but I can't guarantee I'll add them. I'll only add addons that are updated regularly and usefull to me and my fam.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-favorites/downloads/list

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
You can find a list of the present addons here.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Can't get it to work the last 2 lines of your wiki i don't get.

Quote:# Now the "XBMC-Favorites Installer" plugin will be listed. Simply select it and then add it. To select the plugin you'll only have to SELECT it. Do not enter the plugin directory.
# The plugin will now show in the "Programs" root and can be used.

i can't find the option select.
in options there is also no start option in my dutch version.

about your sisters,i wanted to give my sister also a xbox with xbmc.
this give me the edge.
Quote:# Now the "XBMC-Favorites Installer" plugin will be listed. Simply select it and then add it. To select the plugin you'll only have to SELECT it. Do not enter the plugin directory.
# The plugin will now show in the "Programs" root and can be used.

I think he means select as in highlight it, there is no "select" button or option. so browse to plugin://programs/ and highlight XBMC Favorites Installer, then press left and highlight and 'click' 'OK'

if you do it correctly you will see something like

note that it stops at /xbmc-addons installer/ it doesn't say plugin://programs/XBMC-Addons Installer/?categories**blahblahblhablhh*sfhui3k or something like that (the same should hold true for the favorites plugin)

@Bram77, maybe you should add pics to your wiki (if you haven't already) as some of the verbiage is confusing to people who don't already have a good idea of what to do. This is a good example as select (to me) means highlighting it and entering the directory. Plus, the button on the XBOX remote is called 'Select'
got it to work now thanks
forgot about the plugin://program section
can't download scripts/ autoexec.py from your installer
it give a message that it has been install,but will not download the file.
i made the file myself now.
Quote:can't download scripts/ autoexec.py from your installer
it give a message that it has been install,but will not download the file.
i made the file myself now.

I will look into that asap! Thanks for the notification.

Quote:@Bram77, maybe you should add pics to your wiki (if you haven't already) as some of the verbiage is confusing to people who don't already have a good idea of what to do. This is a good example as select (to me) means highlighting it and entering the directory. Plus, the button on the XBOX remote is called 'Select'

You're right. But then I should probably just add the plugin installation instructions to the XBMC wiki. If it is there, I can't find it! This takes some time (if I do it well). But once I can, I will!

From now on I will keep a log in the http://xbmc-favorites.googlecode.com to inform you about what is updated when. At this point I've been updating daily. So all script/plugins/skins are 100% up to date. I'm not sure if I can keep up this pace (probably not). But you can count on a weekly update!

here is a video tutorial

its in the sticky of this forum,somehow i missed that.
XBMC Community Forum > User Area > Python Scripts/Plugins Support and Requests > Sticky: Plugin tutorial with video by Unbehagen
Great thanks!

I've added some more content. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

how come no poker timer ii on your favorites Tongue
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Where can I find it?

I've added the Poker Timer II script.

I was just kidding. I think 2 people use it. It may even crash at startup.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
The humor part war kind of hard to read Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc-favorites plugin0