avi / mpeg4 does not play video plays only sound
Health, we are a new HTPC user built on AMD Athlon 200GE. Pc runs on win10 and I have the last versi kodi installed. I've found that kodi doesn't play AVI / mpeg4. If I let any file in this format play only sound. I tried AVI / h-264 and it runs perfectly. Please advise what to do with it. Install codec? Change settings ? If I play the video file directly in windows it plays absolutely trouble-free. Thank you very much for your advice.

== Edit ==
My debug log is here... https://paste.kodi.tv/ebasuxuhil.kodi
(2019-07-09, 11:20)videoFish Wrote: Health, we are a new HTPC user built on AMD Athlon 200GE. Pc runs on win10 and I have the last versi kodi installed. I've found that kodi doesn't play AVI / mpeg4. If I let any file in this format play only sound. I tried AVI / h-264 and it runs perfectly. Please advise what to do with it. Install codec? Change settings ? If I play the video file directly in windows it plays absolutely trouble-free. Thank you very much for your advice.

== Edit ==
My debug log is here... https://paste.kodi.tv/ebasuxuhil.kodi
Seems like you have the software renderer enabled - go to Settings->Player->Videos->Render Method and change to DXVA.

Also you are running Kodi 18.2 - latest version is 18.3.
That's how it works. It is necessary to set the system-settings-player method of rendering software. I left the hadware acceleration on DXVA2. The cpu load is between 6 and 12 percent during playback (AMD Athlon 200GE, ASROCK Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac , HyperX 8GB DDR4) . Thank you all.
Please bug AMD to fix their driver. When I read this first I thought of very, very old Hardware - but on Vega3 it's a no go that you have to use SW Rendering in 2k19 ... if you can: Try Linux. To my knowledge it is working properly here with all accelerations enabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
avi / mpeg4 does not play video plays only sound0