Solved TMM's user rating does not synchronize to Emby
Hello,

When in TMM I write a personal rating, TMM writes it in the NFO file in <ratings> --> <rating default="true" max="10" name="user">. But this has no effect on Emby, as it does not display this information. If I want Emby to show me a rating, I have to edit from its interface the option "Edit metadata" and write something in "Community Rating". This is an inconvenience. Is there any solution?
Thank you.
imho emby does not accept the new Kodi NFO style. please try the old NFO format from XBMC
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-07-15, 12:00)mlaggner Wrote: imho emby does not accept the new Kodi NFO style. please try the old NFO format from XBMC
I have changed that setting but it does not any difference.
according to embys forums they should be able to read that NFO files..
maybe you should ask there, why emby is not picking up this sort of data

btw: did you re-write the NFO file(s) after changing the setting?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2019-07-10, 14:16)txerrenak Wrote: TMM writes it in the NFO file in <ratings> --> <rating default="true" max="10" name="user">
Kodi does not use this either for User Rating. It uses...

xml:
<userrating>7</userrating>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
damn, has this changed since I've implemented this?
or is this just a coincidence because we store all ratings internally in the _same_ format and write them to the NFO.. (why does kodi use a different tag here? Big Grin)
No, it has not changed. External ratings and User ratings have always been separate and are treated differently within the database also. External Ratings are in the Ratings table and User Ratings are in the Movie, TV Show, or Episode table.

I don't remember the exact reason for it, but I'll try to find the post that explained it.

== Edit ==
Not the post I was looking for, but along the general lines... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2783452
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks - I will fix that for the next version
(2019-07-17, 07:47)mlaggner Wrote: according to embys forums they should be able to read that NFO files..
maybe you should ask there, why emby is not picking up this sort of data

btw: did you re-write the NFO file(s) after changing the setting?
Yes. I have try out all the types of NFO. Nothing.
(2019-07-17, 08:08)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 14:16)txerrenak Wrote: TMM writes it in the NFO file in <ratings> --> <rating default="true" max="10" name="user">
Kodi does not use this either for User Rating. It uses...

xml:
<userrating>7</userrating>

Good, but Tinymediamanager write its NFO file on its own and not <userrating>...
fixed this (for movies, TV shows and episodes) and will be published with the next release

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM's user rating does not synchronize to Emby0