Kodi frequently skips live OTA while NextPVR plays flawlessly
Going crazy here. NextPVR plays ota live with zero issues.Kodi plays recorded video just fine but live OTA viewing seems to pause every few seconds making it essentially unuseable. This is a fresh Kodi 18.3 install with NextPVR installed as the PVR backend. The host machine is Win7 Pro, 8gb ram, "latest" updates, Hauphaugh Dual OTA usb device feeding the OTA signal via HDMI to a large flat screen. Im trying to switch from WMC due to its frequent corruption of its EPG data. NextPVR is working great! Any suggestions appreciated. The bit of log info below is repeated constantly when viewing live OTA channels. Ive had ZERO issues with the Hauphaugh device over the last 4 or 5 years. No hardware changes in the last several years either.
2019-07-10 06:44:42.582 T:7952 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 1108.459218
2019-07-10 06:44:42.597 T:7952 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 1109.209545
2019-07-10 06:44:42.612 T:7952 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 1109.964209
...etc.
Snippets are not that useful.  Turn on Kodi debug logging, make sure that you have Real-Time mode enabled in the settings, duplicate the problem and provide your Kodi log.   For best support also supply your NextPVR logs here or on the NextPVR forum.

Martin
(2019-07-10, 14:44)emveepee Wrote: Snippets are not that useful.  Turn on Kodi debug logging, make sure that you have Real-Time mode enabled in the settings, duplicate the problem and provide your Kodi log.   For best support also supply your NextPVR logs here or on the NextPVR forum.

Martin

I pasted todays log into //paste.kodi.tv and saved it but I dont know how to make that available to you.
You need to copy the URL to the message.  

Martin
(2019-07-10, 14:21)adwsail Wrote: Going crazy here. NextPVR plays ota live with zero issues.Kodi plays recorded video just fine but live OTA viewing seems to pause every few seconds making it essentially unuseable. This is a fresh Kodi 18.3 install with NextPVR installed as the PVR backend. The host machine is Win7 Pro, 8gb ram, "latest" updates, Hauphaugh Dual OTA usb device feeding the OTA signal via HDMI to a large flat screen. Im trying to switch from WMC due to its frequent corruption of its EPG data. NextPVR is working great! Any suggestions appreciated. The bit of log info below is repeated constantly when viewing live OTA channels. Ive had ZERO issues with the Hauphaugh device over the last 4 or 5 years. No hardware changes in the last several years either.
2019-07-10 06:44:42.582 T:7952 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 1108.459218
2019-07-10 06:44:42.597 T:7952 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 1109.209545
2019-07-10 06:44:42.612 T:7952 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 1109.964209
...etc.

Thanks to Karellen's post concerning rewind in live OTA I bumped the  NextPVR  Live TV Stream to Extended Timeshift and all seems to work well now. No more pausing. I consider the OP matter closed.
(2019-07-10, 14:51)emveepee Wrote: You need to copy the URL to the message.  

Martin

I understand, thank you for the tip. I will use it if/when I need additional help.
Great glad you got it sorted out.  I will summarize the v4 modes again for others who come to this post.

Real Time  - most reliable fastest channel change, no timeshift best for debugging
Timeshift - some buffering, known to hang in at times especially when seeking.
Extended Time Shift - buffer time quite long,  good playback history, can record past portion of current show.

In v5 of NextPVR, timeshift modes are changing.

Martin
Martin

Where do I see these 4 modes please?
In NPVR Settings v4 Misc LiveTV buffer I see only Time Based and EPG Based options ?

Scotch that - I see it’s the Native Add on not knewc. Can these coexist in Kodi ?
Yes  @jksmurf this is the NextPVR add-on forum.   The PVR addon can coexist with knewc and you can configure knewc to use the pvr addon settings for live tv playback.  However UI client server-side does not fully support timeshift keystrokes or timeline and @sub3 would need to address this. 

If you are using knewc this way you may wish to configure the pvr addon not to send notification messages.

Martin
(2019-10-13, 15:33)emveepee Wrote: The PVR addon can coexist with knewc and you can configure knewc to use the pvr addon settings for live tv playback.  However UI client server-side does not fully support timeshift keystrokes or timeline and @sub3 would need to address this. 

If you are using knewc this way you may wish to configure the pvr addon not to send notification messages.

Martin
OK thanks, I will try to get the 3.3.1.5 Addon Working (I will post Kodi logs seperately as it won't install), then fiddle around with knewc 2.7.4 to try and use these settings.
Undesrtood on server issues, I thought it was my system that was the sole issue here.

Thanks Martin.
(2019-10-13, 15:33)emveepee Wrote: If you are using knewc this way you may wish to configure the pvr addon not to send notification messages.

Martin

Hi Martin,

There are 2 settings screens, but I cannot for the life of me see an option for not sending notification messages?
It is a Kodi PVR setting not a NextPVR setting.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi frequently skips live OTA while NextPVR plays flawlessly0