Jump direct to the List -> CLICK
___

Here you can...
  • asking questions
  • give feedback
  • request stuff
  • reporting mistakes
  • and so on

On the following posts you will also find soon some showcases and .xml tips and implementation tutorials...
showcase #1
showcase #2
tutorial/tips #1
tutorial/tips #2
My goodness, quite a lot already! Cool!
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2019-07-15, 18:29)rschiks Wrote: My goodness, quite a lot already! Cool!
Yes, there is a lot of good content and it is really worth it to establish this artwork type.

I can catalog 250-300 movies myself, from then on i need help or requests from the community wich movies also has character poster sets
The first 160 movies and 200+ sets cataloged and sorted -> LIST
I have made all code to add the character posters to the database and display it on screen. Just name the filename like this "poster-00-00.jpg" (for collection 0 and order number 0) or "poster-03-06.jpg" (for collection 3 and order number 6).
If this is all ok I will add it to the website. After that I will be adding it to the API.

Collection 0 the default collection. If there are more collections, they will be named 1 and so on. The same for the order number of the posters.

(2019-07-21, 16:57)rschiks Wrote: I have made all code to add the character posters to the database and display it on screen. Just name the filename like this "poster-00-00.jpg" (for collection 0 and order number 0) or "poster-03-06.jpg" (for collection 3 and order number 6).
If this is all ok I will add it to the website. After that I will be adding it to the API.

Collection 0 the default collection. If there are more collections, they will be named 1 and so on. The same for the order number of the posters.
i thought it will look something like this...
but your solution is much nicer! Really great!
___
Are you sure about the numbering?
Collection, Collection 1 ...
and not
Collection, Collection 2
or
Collection 1, Collection 2
___
Before adding to database maybe you have some minutes time for on a teamviewer chat regarding some important content questions.
There are a few things to keep in mind before.

Great! Much appreciated!
(2019-07-21, 17:25)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-07-21, 16:57)rschiks Wrote: I have made all code to add the character posters to the database and display it on screen. Just name the filename like this "poster-00-00.jpg" (for collection 0 and order number 0) or "poster-03-06.jpg" (for collection 3 and order number 6).

i thought it will look something like this...
but your solution is much nicer! Really great!
___
Are you sure about the numbering?
Collection, Collection 1 ...
and not
Collection, Collection 2
or
Collection 1, Collection 2
___
Before adding to database maybe you have some minutes time for on a teamviewer chat regarding some important content questions.
There are a few things to keep in mind before.

Great! Much appreciated!

Sure, I can do Collection 1, Collection 2, no problem.
@"chrissix" , this is really cool! What do I need to do as a skinner to add support for this in my skin? I am currently maintaining Amber.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-23, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissix , this is really cool! What do I need to do as a skinner to add support for this in my skin? I am currently maintaining Amber.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
I am very honored that the maintainer of the well-known Amber skins is interested in it! You're one the first  Nod
First of all, the practical usability will only be given when Meta-Data & Artwork Provider does implement the API (ArtworkBeef, Media Managers...)
Content -> Database -> API -> Implementations of Meta-Data & Artwork Provider -> Skin

But you can integrate it at any time, the concept will not change, and since you will surely install a toggle button it will not have negative effects for people who do not use it yet.
____
Naming:
if sour local artwork is named "poster.jpg" then use "poster1.jpg", "poster2.jpg", ...
if your local artwork  is named "Moviefilename-poster.jpg" then use "Moviefilename-poster1.jpg", "Moviefilename-poster2.jpg", ...
___
Read into Kodi Database:
for read in the database use ArtworkBeef, You can set up there up to 10 already for read in (poster10), if more use the "Addidional Art Types for Movies" button. (poster11, poster12...)
On Leia you are not forced to use ArtworkBeef, you can also use the "modify the advancedsettings.xml solution" but i haven't tested -> 337089 (thread)
___
Skinning:
You call the InfoLabel the same as main poster, just with the number added.

There are several ways you create a multiimage in skin. Depending on your needs you may or may not exclude the main poster.
You can use a fadelabel control for call them in a list or a short ArtworkHelper code with a &amp chain if you use ArtworkHelper.
Both ways in the ArtworkBeef/ArtworkHelper wiki described.
If you want use random mode just use these normal multiimage.

It is meant that it can also be used alternatively in the integer mode. All posters are carefully sorted.
But in a normal multiimage integer mode is only working up to poster9.jpg.
After that you will get on integer: poster1, poster10, poster11, poster2 ...
If you want to use integer then use a usual list with scroll and a control type (single) image.
Then create a toggle button to switch between integer mode and random mode.

I am no skinner professional... there are maybe better ways to achieve...

I have huge problems with the normal multiimage combining with a visible condition. (Only show sideshow if poster1 is available)
The visible conditions creates a "flickering" on each container onnext/onprevious, looks ugly and animations not useable anymore!
Workaround: I put the multimage outside and invisible of screen so the flickering isn't visible anymore, then use a slide and after the slide make it visible.
The visible delay has also to be tuned with your multiimage interval.

But for showing multiimage in a normal list in a control type (single) image should also be functional without such workaround.
____
This is a example code with the workaround for normal multiimage random. I use a ArtworkHelper Code there! (You can do same with fadelabel control)
Cause @sualfred EmbuaryHelper is now in rapid developement i also hope there would be support for multiimage artwork type stuff.

Code:
                        <control type="group">                        
                        <animation type="Conditional" reversible="false" condition="![Container(51).OnNext | Container(51).OnPrevious] + !String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(poster1))">
                        <effect type="slide" start="0,0" end="1014,0" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="out" />                        
                        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="17500" time="1000"/>
                        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="93500" time="1000"/>                        
                        </animation>                
                    <!-- Extraposter AB-->
                    <control type="multiimage">    
                        <left>-1007</left>
                        <top>103</top>
                        <width>338</width>
                        <height>513</height>
                        <timeperimage>6000</timeperimage>
                        <randomize>true</randomize>    
                        <fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>                        
                        <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>    
                        <imagepath background="true">plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/?image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster1)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster2)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster3)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster4)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster5)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster6)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster7)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster8)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster9)]</imagepath>                                            
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(extraposter_toggle),Characterposter) + !String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(poster1))</visible>    
                    </control>
                    </control>  
___ 

If you want it the same place as main poster and don't wanna hide main poster just use a black background between, it's looking nicer on fades.

But as i said... i'm a skinner noob and got it working nice... you're skinner pro and got it working nicer  Wink
(2019-07-23, 01:24)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissix , this is really cool! What do I need to do as a skinner to add support for this in my skin? I am currently maintaining Amber.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
I am very honored that the maintainer of the well-known Amber skins is interested in it! You're one the first  Nod
First of all, the practical usability will only be given when Meta-Data & Artwork Provider does implement the API (ArtworkBeef, Media Managers...)
Content -> Database -> API -> Implementations of Meta-Data & Artwork Provider -> Skin

But you can integrate it at any time, the concept will not change, and since you will surely install a toggle button it will not have negative effects for people who do not use it yet.
____
Naming:
if sour local artwork is named "poster.jpg" then use "poster1.jpg", "poster2.jpg", ...
if your local artwork  is named "Moviefilename-poster.jpg" then use "Moviefilename-poster1.jpg", "Moviefilename-poster2.jpg", ...
___
Read into Kodi Database:
for read in the database use ArtworkBeef, You can set up there up to 10 already for read in (poster10), if more use the "Addidional Art Types for Movies" button. (poster11, poster12...)
On Leia you are not forced to use ArtworkBeef, you can also use the "modify the advancedsettings.xml solution" but i haven't tested -> 337089 (thread)
___
Skinning:
You call the InfoLabel the same as main poster, just with the number added.

There are several ways you create a multiimage in skin. Depending on your needs you may or may not exclude the main poster.
You can use a fadelabel control for call them in a list or a short ArtworkHelper code with a &amp chain if you use ArtworkHelper. Both ways in the ArtworkBeef/ArtworkHelper wiki described. If you want use random just use these normal multiimage.
It is meant that it can also be used alternatively in the integer mode. All posters are carefully sorted. But in a normal multiimage integer mode is only working up to poster9.jpg. After that you will get on integer: poster1, poster10, poster11, poster2 ...
If you want to use integer then use a usual list with scroll and a control type (single) image. Then create a toggle button to switch between integer mode and random mode.

I am no skinner professional... there are maybe better ways to achieve...

I have huge problems with the normal multiimage combining with a visible condition. (Only show sideshow if poster1 is available)
The visible conditions creates a "flickering" on each container onnext/onprevious, looks ugly and animations not useable anymore!
Workaround: I put the multimage outside and invisible of screen so the flickering isn't visible anymore, then use a slide and after the slide make it visible.
The visible delay has also to be tuned with your multiimage interval.

But for showing multiimage in a normal list in a control type (single) image should also be functional without such workaround.
____
This is a example code with the workaround for normal multiimage. i use a ArtworkHelper Code there!
Cause @sualfred EmbuaryHelper is now in rapid developement i also hope there would be support for multiimage artwork type stuff.

Code:
                        <control type="group">                        
                        <animation type="Conditional" reversible="false" condition="![Container(51).OnNext | Container(51).OnPrevious] + !String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(poster1))">
                        <effect type="slide" start="0,0" end="1014,0" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="out" />                        
                        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="17500" time="1000"/>
                        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="93500" time="1000"/>                        
                        </animation>                
                    <!-- Extraposter AB-->
                    <control type="multiimage">    
                        <left>-1007</left>
                        <top>103</top>
                        <width>338</width>
                        <height>513</height>
                        <timeperimage>6000</timeperimage>
                        <randomize>true</randomize>    
                        <fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>                        
                        <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>    
                        <imagepath background="true">plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/?image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster1)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster2)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster3)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster4)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster5)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster6)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster7)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster8)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster9)]</imagepath>                                            
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(extraposter_toggle),Characterposter) + !String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(poster1))</visible>    
                    </control>
                    </control>  
___ 

If you want it the same place as main poster and don't wanna hide main poster just use a black background between, it's looking nicer on fades.

But as i said... i'm a skinner noob and got it working nice... you're skinner pro and got it working nicer  Wink

@chrissix, thank you! I will try some different options and see how it looks.

And by the way, I am not a pro! I am good at following code and figuring out how it works. I am not good on the design part of skinning yet (like animations and such) I have to go through a lot of trial snd error before things look all right.

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-23, 01:38)bsoriano Wrote: a lot of trial snd error
same as i  Rofl
Please let me know your results. Maybe you got much better solutions! I say thanks pushing the project  Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION3