• 2(current)
Release [ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION
Website for character posters is updated and API methods are in place Big Grin
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2019-07-27, 14:33)rschiks Wrote: Website for character posters is updated and API methods are in place Big Grin
pretty nice!
The sorting/cataloging of the first starter package in the thread is complete and includes 250 AAA movies with almost 400 poster sets.
It is now starting to feed one by one into the KyraDB API database.
Yesterday watched Captain Marvel, now we know what happened to Nick Fury's eye.  Rofl
The movie has one of the prettiest character poster sets, now also available in the KyraDB API ->Captain Marvel (2019)
Hello @"chrissix" 

This looks really cool to have, really like it
I was wondering what do i need, or need to do to get this ?

I am using the skin MQ8 with the multi mod enabled, is there somewhere like a small tutorial that i can follow to try this out ?

Thanks in advandce
Peter
(2019-08-08, 11:36)billmartian Wrote: Hello @chrissix 

This looks really cool to have, really like it
I was wondering what do i need, or need to do to get this ?

I am using the skin MQ8 with the multi mod enabled, is there somewhere like a small tutorial that i can follow to try this out ?

Thanks in advandce
Peter
Hello @billmartian & great thanks for your interest on this project.
We have a lots of content and also a API, but next step that it is accessible and convenient for everyone would be implementations of Meta-Data & Artwork Provider (ArtworkBeef, Media Managers...) and Skins.

Generally you have to use local artwork. Also you still have to place the character posters manually.
If you do not already have a practice with skinning xml basics, i still recommend to wait or make a featue request.
@latts9923 was always one of the first skinner here implemented some of my projects or ideas -> ask him in the Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod Thread
If you have practice with some xml basics i could help you a bit with the xml code. But i'm but i am only a hobby skinning laymen, am sure the professional skinners here would implemented it other advanced ways.

You can also help the project making a request in Artwork Beef Thread. The more interest is suggested, the higher the probability that it will be implemented in a timely manner.
@rschiks also planning a voting System for the KyraDB API content, the same way like fanart.tv artwork, so that on bulk/batch artwork scrape you'll get the highest voted artwork stuff - like it's functional with fanart.tv artwork.
When this is done a implementation for Artwork Beef would be perfect.

In this thread post you there is all information you need how it's functional if you want to try a manual integration.
Hi @"chrissix" 

Thanks for this info. I think i have to sit this one out, cause i am not really a coder, dont know anything about it.
I can change xml files and know where to look for them, but dont know much about the coding itself.

Anyway i do like the charcter posters ect......

Also i saw somewhere a vid of a showcause (cant seem to remeber the thread anymore) with a falling disc on the right side of the screen and rolling into the DVD/Bluray case. Thas awsome to.
I know its the wrong thread but is character art something  that is easy to implement ?

Peter.
This project has not been around for very long, but it's already been implemented by the first professional skinner, in @manfeed AEON Tajo Skin.

Never thought this will be possible, but he not only implemented the Character Poster Sideshow in list views or only the one on focus (like my implementation example)
no, he also managed it to work with a great heavy code also in wall views (also the ones not on focus)

Same as me, also @manfeed hoping it will be implemented in @rmrector  Artwork Beef for automation.
DATABASE, API, we have it.
More than 1500 character posters are already added to the database. Amazing!

All credits go to @"chrissix" of course!!!
Everything was uploaded to the Kyra DB API until this post. Base pack complete.  Nod
This thread and the KyraDB content will now be further maintained step by step with new content!
Starting with latest releases (2019) and then descending.

statistics:
Around 240 movies with 373 sets with over 2000 posters.
So one of the movies have average 1,55 sets with average 5,4 poster each set.
Really nice Character Poster Set pieces from the newest Walt Disney classics live-action remakes Aladdin (2019)Dumbo (2019)The Lion King (2019)

Now all available on KyraDB website and over KyraDB API
Any word yet when this will be implemented in the Aeon MQ8 skin ?
(2019-10-12, 22:19)billmartian Wrote: Any word yet when this will be implemented in the Aeon MQ8 skin ?
do you mean the mod versions or the original one?
(2019-10-12, 23:01)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-10-12, 22:19)billmartian Wrote: Any word yet when this will be implemented in the Aeon MQ8 skin ?
Either, normal or via the Mod version.
Or will it be implemented with MQ9 ? As far as i can see right now is that there is no support in ARTwork beef for KyraDB, only for fanart.tv.
Or am i wrong here ?

Peter
(2019-10-13, 15:31)billmartian Wrote:
(2019-10-12, 23:01)chrissix Wrote:
Either, normal or via the Mod version.
Or will it be implemented with MQ9 ? As far as i can see right now is that there is no support in ARTwork beef for KyraDB, only for fanart.tv.
Or am i wrong here ?

Peter 
I can answer for the KyraDB part Big Grin  Artwork Beef supports the animated posters and animated backgrounds.
(2019-10-13, 15:31)billmartian Wrote: Either, normal or via the Mod version.
Never the normal MQ8 version.
Firstly, its concept of being a "light weight", all special features of MQ7 were removed and nothing special or experimental added.
Secondly, MQ8 is no longer being developed because the focus is already on MQ9.
For MQ9 you have to ask @MarcosQui, he created kinda "wishes and feedback" thread for MQ9 -> here
Didn't know in wich direction MQ9 should go, feature based and innovative like MQ7 or simple lightweight as MQ8.

The mods from MQ7 and MQ8 by @latts9923 i posted some showcases of this project on the skin threads... but I have no idea if it has been yet implemented in any way.
But @latts9923 already implemented some of my other Artwork Projects in the skin mods. He also dare to take a step forward when it comes to special skin features. Much appreciated  Nod

Sure Artwork Beef has support for KyraDB. Animated Poster, Animated Fanart, and CharacterArt for Movies have already Basic support.
Full support is achieved when Artwork Beef also is adding the votes and language tags.

The Character Poster Sets offer from KyraDB was requested several times for Artwork Beef but no idea if or when a implementation is planned -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2877749
___
But other Skins for example Aeon TAJO or AeonNox SiLVO already implemented the feature to show Character Poster Sets. But until an Artwork Beef integration for automation you have to place the local artwork yourself.

EDIT: Also to mention this extended poster artwork type (character poster sets) have it's place in Kodi wiki artwork section -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#pos...oster_sets
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION3