• 10(current)
Release [ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION
(2020-06-17, 20:36)chrissix Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 00:45)nazim12 Wrote: Where we can get download link for CharacterArt Posters Collection ? KyraDB is down now .what other alternative? why Artwork beef easily scan & search ClearArt Landscape But not Character Posters?

Currently one by one yes. It's a bit manually copy/paste/rename work, yes.
Even we have no official database for it, exact for that case & to make at least the search & rummage for content easier with an overview,
@Konon have set up with infinite hours of work a nice list for overview where you can jump through the links direct to the movies and their different sets.
The preview images in the thread are not always the original source content. Good idea maybe considering @Konon uploading a content backup from time to time in a packed file in cloud.

click for @Konon's nice LIST
I will add a little to the above.
All the posters that I uploaded here are of the original resolution, only the file weight is reduced to 1 MB. Most of the posters that were uploaded here earlier, I also have in HI-RES (up to 3000 px) - while I'm forming the base. I have not yet decided on new venues for posters - here on the forum, nevertheless, the database turned out to be more visual and streamlined. If I upload posters on DeviantArt, for example, then there will definitely be confusion and the right one can not be found.
Yeah sounds logic and i completely agree! Maybe once you have time for uploading once a copy of your current offline collection folder, just curious.
Regarding your own retouched remasters & deviantart i am looking forward once we have time again to chat, exchange & discuss about it Smile
___
EDIT:

Take a look on this upcoming movie offering a nice set -> https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/475430-artemis-fowl
___

On the weekend i hove some hours free again, i will try to update/exchange all KyraDB linkings, they are dead now.
Maybe you can pm me an idea of any kind of "convention" for uniformity, i have no idea if the link to imdb,tmdb,fanart.tv or whatever is better fitting. Its only a very small idea in my head but maybe the idea of link it to a "real" & futureproof database. -> DeviantArt? The thing is there are so many options regarding catalogize, sorting and publishing. For example you can provide not only single images, you can also provide for example small .rar collections with more images in it and a preview picture. Its also very easy to exchange and update files and other stuff. Every puplication you can add a description and also linkings.

For example the Red Carpet addon backup on deviantart i puplicated every image as a single image and reffered in every description back to this forum -> https://www.deviantart.com/chrissix/gallery
Another example is the most talented movie folder icon content creator in world, mate "Bl4CKSL4YER", he's publishing a bit different, in sets and previews, very eyedandy, nice collection! -> https://www.deviantart.com/bl4cksl4yer/gallery
(2020-06-17, 23:18)chrissix Wrote: Take a look on this upcoming movie offering a nice set -> https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/475430-artemis-fowl
___
Yes, there is a good set there, only no one has HI-RES yet, we have to wait.
(2020-06-17, 23:18)chrissix Wrote: On the weekend i hove some hours free again, i will try to update/exchange all KyraDB linkings, they are dead now.
Maybe you can pm me an idea of any kind of "convention" for uniformity, i have no idea if the link to imdb,tmdb,fanart.tv or whatever is better fitting. Its only a very small idea in my head but maybe the idea of link it to a "real" & futureproof database. -> DeviantArt? The thing is there are so many options regarding catalogize, sorting and publishing. For example you can provide not only single images, you can also provide for example small .rar collections with more images in it and a preview picture. Its also very easy to exchange and update files and other stuff. Every puplication you can add a description and also linkings.
I thought about it for a long time ...
Yes it is a good idea, we will need to try with deviantart. As an option - load art on deviantart, and leave the catalog with links here on the forum.
The only thing I don't like about deviantart is that there are a lot of tricks with copyright.
@chrissix
Strange, you have on deviantart: "I have no rights to the PNG's published here." (By the way, why?) And when downloading: "the file is missing", but you can right-click it - save the picture as ... and save it in .png
Because to can be a part of Kodi it's under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 licence like all other addons and projects here or also the stuff you can see on fanart.tv or so.
It's just a comment under every image to make this preventiv clear to avoid complaints from copyright nerdists.

strange, on my browser download button functional fine same as right click download, but in the end it's then equal because i have set source equal to preview. But on downloading with download button you get some kind of pre-naming, with right click the names are pretty random.
(2020-06-18, 01:18)chrissix Wrote: Because to can be a part of Kodi it's under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 licence like all other addons and projects here or also the stuff you can see on fanart.tv or so.
It's just a comment under every image to make this preventiv clear to avoid complaints from copyright nerdists.
Then there are difficulties with the posters.
I liked the idea of the archive. For example:
Beauty and the Beast (2017) original - A.rar;
Beauty and the Beast (2017) retouched - B.rar;
Beauty and the Beast (2017) keyart - C.rar.
It turns out from this, with impunity, I can open the download only on B.rar (what I did myself). Then does the meaning in the database on deviantart disappear or am I not understanding something?
I also found information about file sizes - 30MB per file and 200MB to archive, but I didn’t find information about the total size of the storage, which is important, since the database size can be very large.
For the test, I uploaded several character posters to deviantart. I would like to hear opinions and suggestions.

@chrissix, on deviantart I plan to upload only retouched posters (maybe also keyart), links will only lead to deviantart. On the forum, will we leave only the original posters or will we also send it to deviantart? What do you think about it?
@Konon

How do you download of devianart without an account?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-19, 09:31)Karellen Wrote: @Konon

Big Grin , but this I did not take into account. We will continue to think ...
hehe, no problems Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-19, 09:31)Karellen Wrote: @Konon

oh man i put my hands now on the head, lol.
Am since 9 years on DeviantArt (only passive) and since 1 year using it as the RED CARPET addon resource backup and now your telling me there is a login wall between  Rofl
I also did not mentioned that because i always downloaded through right click and not the download button which has the login wall.
So it does not matter when preview content is equal download content but else of course a login is required. Did not know that.
Also reading kodi.forum since 2014 but created account years later because never had the motivation break though the login wall haha.

@Konon 
Ok a small step back to drawing board. There are several image hosting platforms and and also communities with different concepts for different needs.
Here is also a small nice overview.
https://www.techradar.com/best/best-imag...g-websites

I thought of DeviantArt because it has a cloud, many options and also a own community social platform.
My secondary thought was MediaFire and then ImgBB again. This are the most common i know which i see most often. Of course there are more.
I have created on both an account and testing also now out but the feature set. Think we have to set up a list which features have priority and which less and then look which platform is the best for the need.

I am also not quite sure if it's for the admins here comftable to further discuss this here since this is only secondary Kodi related now. @Karellen ?
(2020-06-19, 23:52)chrissix Wrote: I am also not quite sure if it's for the admins here comftable to further discuss this here since this is only secondary Kodi related now.
No problems for me. You are trying to find a location to host images to be used in Kodi and for the Kodi community, so it is ok to discuss it here, and other members will see the posts and might have suggestions.

If other Mods have a different opinion, they will comment.
My Signature
@Konon 
Hahaha, i just now saw your DeviantArt and i am so happy seeing this, really! It's looking so nice!
You have created nice uniform preview images with a collage similar i know it from the former Google Picasa photo stacking feature. You also mention explicit kodi on the covers.
I see you have adapted it similar like Bl4CKSL4YER but in your own way. Ill take a clover look on weekend.

Short advice from my side. Don't spent too much effort into the content right know. Only 10 or so and then trying out and playing around with the features.
To get the handling there takes a bit, i am still confused on some stuff there. Also testing out if its good and comftable for bulk/batching.
(2020-06-19, 23:52)chrissix Wrote: How do you download of devianart without an account?

oh man i put my hands now on the head, lol.
Am since 9 years on DeviantArt (only passive) and since 1 year using it as the RED CARPET addon resource backup and now your telling me there is a login wall between  Rofl
I also did not mentioned that because i always downloaded through right click and not the download button which has the login wall.
So it does not matter when preview content is equal download content but else of course a login is required. Did not know that.
Also reading kodi.forum since 2014 but created account years later because never had the motivation break though the login wall haha.

I also downloaded from DeviantArt without an account before. They recently changed the rules, well, and the design of the site at the same time, which many did not like.

(2020-06-19, 23:52)chrissix Wrote: @Konon 
Ok a small step back to drawing board. There are several image hosting platforms and and also communities with different concepts for different needs.
Here is also a small nice overview.
https://www.techradar.com/best/best-imag...g-websites

I thought of DeviantArt because it has a cloud, many options and also a own community social platform.
My secondary thought was MediaFire and then ImgBB again. This are the most common i know which i see most often. Of course there are more.
I have created on both an account and testing also now out but the feature set. Think we have to set up a list which features have priority and which less and then look which platform is the best for the need.

The fact of the matter is that most media platforms have many limitations. DeviantArt is so far the most suitable - 30MB for the file and 200MB for the archive, although the total storage volume is not specified anywhere. But of course I will also look at other platforms.
(2020-06-20, 00:17)Konon Wrote: The fact of the matter is that most media platforms have many limitations. DeviantArt is so far the most suitable - 30MB for the file and 200MB for the archive, although the total storage volume is not specified anywhere. But of course I will also look at other platforms.
There is also very limited information i found and the information often doesnt make sense or i dont understand the language.
But as far as i have unterstand: 
2GB on free, 20GB on Core (they changed from 10GB to 20GB on the change)
But as far as i unterstand this is only for the St.ash (internal DeviantArt cloud), but once published into DeviantArt itself it's out of St.ash. So then the publishing limit have to be endless in my unterstanding.
Don't know if it's still "counted" to the St.ash so just hidden, or not. I am considering making fake archives and just try it out.

I see you do not compress the .jpg's. In my opinion nice, but although when you only publishing your own retouched remastered the limit would be quick reached.
MediaFire, GoogleDrive and all best cloud services or image services have most a limit of 10GB, the only platform so far with no limit is ImgBB. Know too less about the feature set there.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION3