• 11(current)
Release [ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION
(2020-06-20, 00:10)chrissix Wrote: @Konon 
Hahaha, i just now saw your DeviantArt and i am so happy seeing this, really! It's looking so nice!
You have created nice uniform preview images with a collage similar i know it from the former Google Picasa photo stacking feature. You also mention explicit kodi on the covers.
I see you have adapted it similar like Bl4CKSL4YER but in your own way. Ill take a clover look on weekend.

Thank!
Smile I never used Google Picasa, at first I wanted to make a GIF as a preview, but it turned out to be impossible ...

(2020-06-20, 00:10)chrissix Wrote: Short advice from my side. Don't spent too much effort into the content right know. Only 10 or so and then trying out and playing around with the features.
To get the handling there takes a bit, i am still confused on some stuff there. Also testing out if its good and comftable for bulk/batching.

I made a template and now the creation process is fast, although I agree that more than 11 posters do not look very good, it will be necessary to redo the Hobbit.
(2020-06-20, 00:42)Konon Wrote: I made a template and now the creation process is fast, although I agree that more than 11 posters do not look very good, it will be necessary to redo the Hobbit.
I was rather meaning to not uploadeing too many content/sets at the beginning, then just playing around a bit. I know and you too content präparation is a lot of work. And even more change concept stuff afterwards already uploaded.
(2020-06-20, 00:35)chrissix Wrote: I see you do not compress the .jpg's. In my opinion nice, but although when you only publishing your own retouched remastered the limit would be quick reached.
MediaFire, GoogleDrive and all best cloud services or image services have most a limit of 10GB, the only platform so far with no limit is ImgBB. Know too less about the feature set there.

Here on the forum I have to reduce the file weight to 1MB, otherwise it will not upload or it will reduce the file size in pixels.

By the way, I found confirmation of this in your link. This forum uses imgur.com as a repository.  Smile

@Konon Today i played around a bit with the feature set of DeviantArt and how far it is adaptable.
Especially i have tried to find out the differnces between "about" and "home" and the showcase features it is providing.
Also how to manage/tag/sort all the stuff as best as possible.
2 albums a as preset and cannot be delete, ALL and FEATURED.
I understood ALL but FEATURED was not quite sure for me. Just all published stuff is going to FEATURED as preset.
You cannot delete this but i got rid of it of just unchecking all images in FEATUERED. I think FEATURED should only state for "recent/new" releases.

Take a look on my profile what i have tried out so far and i there is still the overview and order there -> https://www.deviantart.com/chrissix

I have also embedded a wallpaper and i the "about me" a fanart, 2 screenshots. this images i have not puplished im deviantArt but i have uploaded them in deviantart, but only embedded them.
Long talk short this 4 images i still see in the d.ash cloud because not published, all other images i do not see in the d.ash cloud because puplished.

In the "about" me i have mentioned you as partner project and was also able to embedd examples of your publications.
___

In my opinion there are quite a lot tools for sorting and tagging and searching to still get the overview. its just a matter of playing around.
Don't know how far you can adapapt this but can sort with folders like Star Wars, Disney, Animation, Marvel, or release years or other topics of interest.

Here i played a bit around for trying to make the content inside a bit more visible, look into the comments -> https://www.deviantart.com/konon-cat/art/Valerian-and-the-City-of-a-Thousand-Planets-846206988

____

regarding imgur and also the original poster, yes then lets try imgur. i have not tried it yet.
I hope it is as easy as MediaFire, wich you can just upload a huge Folder into a Cloud and from this just sharing out the content.
I have to think more like a content creator and hoster here and am not quite into it how to do. I will look further.
(2020-06-21, 21:44)chrissix Wrote: @Konon Today i played around a bit with the feature set of DeviantArt and how far it is adaptable.
Especially i have tried to find out the differnces between "about" and "home" and the showcase features it is providing.
Also how to manage/tag/sort all the stuff as best as possible.
2 albums a as preset and cannot be delete, ALL and FEATURED.
I understood ALL but FEATURED was not quite sure for me. Just all published stuff is going to FEATURED as preset.
You cannot delete this but i got rid of it of just unchecking all images in FEATUERED. I think FEATURED should only state for "recent/new" releases.

Take a look on my profile what i have tried out so far and i there is still the overview and order there -> https://www.deviantart.com/chrissix

I have also embedded a wallpaper and i the "about me" a fanart, 2 screenshots. this images i have not puplished im deviantArt but i have uploaded them in deviantart, but only embedded them.
Long talk short this 4 images i still see in the d.ash cloud because not published, all other images i do not see in the d.ash cloud because puplished.

In the "about" me i have mentioned you as partner project and was also able to embedd examples of your publications.

You did great, bravo!
I just have to deal with the settings in DeviantArt, for this I will need to allocate time. By the way, there are several questions related to this.
What do these lines mean - you have "Deviant for 10 years" and I have "Deviant for 1 month" and what do they depend on?
What is the purpose of the icons (llama, cake, etc.)?

(2020-06-21, 21:44)chrissix Wrote: In my opinion there are quite a lot tools for sorting and tagging and searching to still get the overview. its just a matter of playing around.
Don't know how far you can adapapt this but can sort with folders like Star Wars, Disney, Animation, Marvel, or release years or other topics of interest.

Yes, it’s a good idea, as soon as enough material has accumulated on DeviantArt, then I’ll sort it into folders.

(2020-06-21, 21:44)chrissix Wrote: regarding imgur and also the original poster, yes then lets try imgur. i have not tried it yet.
I hope it is as easy as MediaFire, wich you can just upload a huge Folder into a Cloud and from this just sharing out the content.
I have to think more like a content creator and hoster here and am not quite into it how to do. I will look further.
On the contrary, I am against imgur, there are restrictions on the file size. We need to look at imagebam, bload.de.
(2020-06-21, 22:33)Konon Wrote: You did great, bravo!
I just have to deal with the settings in DeviantArt, for this I will need to allocate time. By the way, there are several questions related to this.
What do these lines mean - you have "Deviant for 10 years" and I have "Deviant for 1 month" and what do they depend on?
What is the purpose of the icons (llama, cake, etc.)?
I created an account in my youth age 10 years ago, already forgotten, but only since 1 year i use it pro-activ cause of the actresses project.

(2020-06-21, 22:33)Konon Wrote: On the contrary, I am against imgur, there are restrictions on the file size. We need to look at imagebam, bload.de.
yeah i have to look into it, but as far i read your descripton then if on imgur an account is there there is no limit in files amount and a pretty high use in file size or?
oh wait on imgur we can not publish in .rar collections?
____

Other topic

I tried some stuff because i downloaded the latest Hunger Games Set and oh man 60mb is quite huge haha  Rofl
Have no idea how long this would fit into the restrictions of storage space use.

For fun i tried out a "soft compression" with two tools. File size was then 10% from origin. (6mb file into 600kb file)
Resolution still the same!
Here you can see the result:
left is your original
right is compressed

When zoom into the letters you can clearly see a heavy quality loss.
Yeah so i think you are on the right way here. I mean people are talking about 8K resolution i really see no reason to reduce file sizes and stuff.

I remember some of https://www.deviantart.com/bl4cksl4yer/gallery icon sets have over hundret mb and he published hundreds of them so his gallery has definitevely several gigabytes.
But i am still guessing here so: All statements without guarantee.
Regarding imgur and stuff...

What my wish was:
That you give your own edited character poster sets a seperate platform for showcase and also backup needs. And its looking really nice man!
___
What my plans are before maybe continuing stuff and this will be of course some work and for that i have to think of it:
1. I want to re-edit every original poster set post to a right linking.
Where?
2. Cause this is a lot of work i can also do in the same stage relink the image previews. They are very often still linked to impawards and alos imgbb (without account - not good!).
I can do this all at same stage.
Same question: Where and also how?

What i want:
First of all i want this to be consistent in the web, so no platform shutting down or everything wasted for any reason.
An easy to use cloud where i can publish single images and also .rar.
It should have an easy share feature and also some kind of "dynamic link" function. For example When i exchange the files in cloud the link to it still persists. i only know this from google drive.

Also:
I have to think more like an conent creator and also manager here... i saw it several times from other images i downloaded from other content creators.
For example a cloud folder and in this cloud folder is a .rar and besides the .rar in the folder are the images a second time original or compressed or just a preview image .jpg.
All can be seperate linked directly out (as download link or also as a embedded image. Of course without a login wall.

Also additional and eventually:
My privage google drive 15 is almost full because of some published projects here. I have planned to migrate them eventually.
Red Carpet addon (the addon and also the complete collection) + the DirectorThumbs Resource Addon + also my CharacterArt Download offer.
___

What i can offer:
I can offer that we use a seperate own cloud service. A cloud platform we can both work out from it if possible in an efficient way.
I can also offer to share the credentials with kodi staff members just to be sure cause i do and will do this all just for fun. 
So i mean not affiliated to our idendities or our e-mail. A new project account just for managing resources.
But i see for that more storage space would be needed. This costs money. I have no problem to pay for 1 year immediatly.
I saw on google drive 100GB are 20box and for example on Media Fire 1000GB 45box. I have no problem with both.

This are all just thoughts i have it which direction it maybe can go.

Also i have two questions:
How big is your currently REMASTERED poster source folder on your pc?
And the same for the ORIGINAL source folder you got and maybe etited?

Its only about to calculate a bit.
(2020-06-24, 20:55)chrissix Wrote: yeah i have to look into it, but as far i read your descripton then if on imgur an account is there there is no limit in files amount and a pretty high use in file size or?
oh wait on imgur we can not publish in .rar collections?
This forum uses Imgur to store images and Imgur has limitations - the file should not exceed 1MB.
(2020-06-24, 20:55)chrissix Wrote: I tried some stuff because i downloaded the latest Hunger Games Set and oh man 60mb is quite huge haha  Rofl
Have no idea how long this would fit into the restrictions of storage space use.

For fun i tried out a "soft compression" with two tools. File size was then 10% from origin. (6mb file into 600kb file)
Resolution still the same!
Here you can see the result:
left is your original
right is compressed

When zoom into the letters you can clearly see a heavy quality loss.
Yeah so i think you are on the right way here. I mean people are talking about 8K resolution i really see no reason to reduce file sizes and stuff.
I already wrote that for this forum I have to reduce the size of the image file. For this I use the free program FastStone Image Viewer, it does not spoil the image so much.
(2020-06-24, 20:55)chrissix Wrote: I remember some of https://www.deviantart.com/bl4cksl4yer/gallery icon sets have over hundret mb and he published hundreds of them so his gallery has definitevely several gigabytes.
But i am still guessing here so: All statements without guarantee.
It seems to me that the restrictions in 2GB are only for Sta.sh, I did not find other information.
(2020-06-24, 21:34)chrissix Wrote: Also i have two questions:
How big is your currently REMASTERED poster source folder on your pc?
And the same for the ORIGINAL source folder you got and maybe etited?

Its only about to calculate a bit.
A difficult question until I’m ready to answer it.
I just started sorting. So far it looks like this:
A folder with the name and year of the film - folders under numbers (1,2,3 ... set number) - folders under letters (A, B, C - original, retouched, keyart).
In the folder "A" I also try to put 3000px files (if I find it in HI-RES). One file has a size from 2.5MB to 5.5MB.
So this is a long process and it takes time.

P.S.
You can calculate the maximum (5.5MB) and the minimum (2.5MB) from the finished list.
Ha, for the sake of interest I counted posters - 3569 pieces are uploaded here on the forum!
Total, if we assume that all files have a file size of 5 MB, it turns out - about 18 GB.
(2020-06-24, 21:34)chrissix Wrote: What i can offer:
I can offer that we use a seperate own cloud service. A cloud platform we can both work out from it if possible in an efficient way.
I can also offer to share the credentials with kodi staff members just to be sure cause i do and will do this all just for fun. 
So i mean not affiliated to our idendities or our e-mail. A new project account just for managing resources.
But i see for that more storage space would be needed. This costs money. I have no problem to pay for 1 year immediatly.
I saw on google drive 100GB are 20box and for example on Media Fire 1000GB 45box. I have no problem with both.
I read about Google One, it would be perfect if not for one condition. 
yeah my first thought was not the family feature, its this https://gsuite.google.com/pricing.html
But then i saw this: https://gsuite.google.com/intl/de/essentials/
Can you take a look into the links? Some things still confusing whats the difference.

Also quite interesting article about image publishing, espially "public" is interesting for use -> https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/im...tom-images

There is also an offer for non-profits -> https://www.google.com/intl/de/nonprofits/
But as far is i have unterstood at least there would be needed some kind of "organisation". Don't know on which point somewhat could be called this.
(2020-06-25, 22:43)chrissix Wrote: yeah my first thought was not the family feature, its this https://gsuite.google.com/pricing.html
But then i saw this: https://gsuite.google.com/intl/de/essentials/
Can you take a look into the links? Some things still confusing whats the difference.

G Suite Essentials should be scrolled to: "Common questions about G Suite Essentials" - there is the answer to the question. In short, the difference in the volume of storage provided (we are interested in it), G Suite Business and Enterprise has unlimited cloud storage.
I'm more interested in another question ... I read somewhere yesterday that in all versions of G Suite you can’t make a public download link. It would be nice to check it out.
(2020-06-25, 22:43)chrissix Wrote: Also quite interesting article about image publishing, espially "public" is interesting for use -> https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/im...tom-images

As far as I understand, they talk about public links between authenticated users.
(2020-06-25, 22:43)chrissix Wrote: There is also an offer for non-profits -> https://www.google.com/intl/de/nonprofits/
But as far is i have unterstood at least there would be needed some kind of "organisation". Don't know on which point somewhat could be called this.

This, it seems to me, is more interesting.  No, it doesn’t suit us.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION3