[WINDOWS] Still a small graphic rendering issue with Intel GMA950 and X3100
After switching from the linux build to the Windows build I'm noticing a colored line at the very bottom (sometimes right side) of many of my videos (on both SD xvid avi and HD x264 mkv files). On files that play full screen it can be removed by changing the calibration to move it offscreen but for stuff that's a wider aspect ratio than my TV it shows up at the bottom of the video and it drives me nuts. Especially dark scenes with a bright pink/green/etc line at the bottom, it's very distracting.

Has anybody encountered this? Is this a xbmc win32 problem or something to do with drivers/OS? I tried searching but I wasn't really sure what to search for... I skimmed the first few pages and didn't notice any thread that looked like it was right.

Thanks,

Nic
known for Intel GM950 and X3100 chipsets. Elupus planned to rewrite the code section.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Eluplus is planning to rewrite the section with the bug? Is there an ETA at all?
midgetspy Wrote:Is there an ETA at all?
No but feel free to submit to trac for tracking porposes.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
OK I added it here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4356

I wasn't sure about priority/severity, and the text that said to read the guidelines doesn't have a link to any guidelines yet, hehe. To me it almost makes XBMC unusable but I guess anybody without an affected Intel chipset wouldn't really care.
as a short term workaround could you configure your over-scan parameters to ensure this artifact appears off-screen?
Yes but that only works for videos that play full screen... so videos that're exactly 16:9 in my case, which isn't all that many.
I just wanted to say that if any changes have been done around this issue I'm still getting it in 14676.
Nope. You can monitor the ticket for any progress.
I committed a workaround to svn.
Hi Guys,

I'm using a basic Dell Dimension 5150c which has the 945G chipset which I believe uses the GMA950 graphics core, running Vista 32bit.

I'm getting this problem on a huge scale, i.e. the whole screen is Pink/Green see screen dump.
The only other posts I've found about this are for ATI cards, where to work arounds don't apply.

Anyone got any ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Still a small graphic rendering issue with Intel GMA950 and X31000