Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version
Well, Dolby Vision support on MKV is something going to happen soon, the issue is already on matroska-specification's GitHub (https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-sp...issues/373) and there is an interesting conversation between some of the most important guys on the MKV scene.

The hardest part, which was find a way to combine the layers is done, and MakeMKV has already implemented it and MKVToolNix implementation is also on the way, they are waiting to make it more offical once discussions with mastroska guys finish and they find the most compatible way to do it.

Plex for Android also accepted the feature request, so it's probably a matter of time too.

Finally Kodi, which we all love, I don't know what kind of efforts are needed on the videoplayer part to maybe "passtrough?" the stream. Android supports Dolby Vision on hardware which also support it, I guess there is no need to any special decoding and probably is not a breaking change feature or something specially complext to do for that specific system, but which worries me from our old mate Kodi is it usually take its time to include those kind of features and given that Kodi has very long mayor release windows, wait to an eventual support on Kodi 20 sounds like we are going to wait years, and that's sad.

I really hope this time it can be different and we can enjoy on Kodi 19.

Regards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version - by siriusbox - 2020-05-06, 21:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version2