Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version
You are absolutely right Hitcher.

Reckoner89, final support of the MKV spec was recently added and two days ago MakeMKV 1.15.2 was released including the new method agreed by the Cellar group. I guess MKVToolnix will do the same in the next version, so now we have a way to create the backups following the approved spec, but be patient dude, it was 2 days ago!, as Hitcher said they work selflessly on Kodi, as a hobby not a job, and you perfectly now we should be more than grateful for their efforts during all these years. They need time and they have their schedules and plans, doesn't matter what you expect or if you want ASAP, and no, there is no a real need of DV for the masses, that's the reality.

I'm also interested in have support from Kodi, specially when Plex sucks on NVIDIA Shield at least, but they haven't the obligation of prioritize DV over other things.

I really hope that now we can generate test files with the approved method, they can keep an eye on it when they have the time and give support, probably most of the work is on FFmpeg, but I'm not sure 100%

So, lets be patient, understanding and grateful, meanwhile you can at least create your backups and you know someday you will give support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version - by siriusbox - 2020-07-23, 09:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version2