Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources
Glad that things went well @black_eagle, even better that you are being inspired by possibilities  Smile

The row of things at the top of the Estuary main screen that you are calling "categories"  (maybe because the wiki recent did?) have been called "nodes" for a much longer time, so I'm going to encourage use of that term.  Estuary then uses smartplaylists to show the other rows of artists or albums etc.  Messing with skins is above my pay grade, but I'm sure you can customise the skin to show what you want.

The library node editor is an addon, and so probably has not been updated to cover the new music nodes/filters that are possible with v18. This needs an addon person to look at it, meanwhile editing the xsp files is just so easy (I know not for those on a device without a keyboard!!).

Quote:I guess what I'm after ultimately, is a row of thumbs depicting various different categories through which I can drill down to the content I want. 
There is now a (folder type) default node called "sources", that I think shows what you want without using a smartplaylist at all.
sources.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="135" type="folder">
    <label>39031</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicSources.png</icon>
    <path>musicdb://sources</path>
</node>
This does get installed by default in v18, but if you have your own menus/nodes defined  (in userdata/library/music) you may not have seen it. In that case have a look under system/library/music for it and copy into userdata/library/music.

Have a look at that node, then come back if you have more questions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources - by DaveBlake - 2019-07-17, 09:43

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.