Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources
Maybe it's just me, but if Kodi is moving to a more 'human friendly' way of storing the music so that people can categorise and sort their collections in a much less rigid way than artist/album, then surely, being able to browse it in a similar way is more logical for the end user than still using artist/album when doing so ?

I realise that Dave is probably no where near finished with this but it just makes more sense to me that if I have sources of say, 'Classical', 'Musicals', 'Classic Rock', 'whatever', that I have the option of either viewing by artist or album or composer or whatever other tags are available to use.  At the moment, if I navigate my HDD and open Musicals, I get presented with two directories and opening either of them leads directly to the albums because of the AIF.  The disk is cleaner and better laid out (in my head ayway) and I don't have to scroll through 100 different artists to navigate to an album.  It's immensly more flexible in the way that I can sort stuff and lay it out on HDD, just maybe a little less flexible in Kodi currently.

Note - I'm still on V18 so no access to any recent changes there may have been and aware that any improvements are highly unlikely to be back-ported so it might just be that this is simply not achievable for me at the moment.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources - by black_eagle - 2019-07-17, 12:30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.