Linux kodi v 2.19.0 won't open after some update on ubuntu
hello guys,

After some update, I don't know if it is on ubuntu or kodi, kodi won't open. It starts with black screen and stops.

Here is the crash log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/rikodufuyu.kodi

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
hello guys,

After some update, I don't know if it is on ubuntu or kodi, kodi won't open. It starts with black screen and stops.

Here is the crash log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/lutinerope.kodi

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance
Not supported GPU drivers:
Quote:#3  0x00007f86ae891412 in __GI___assert_fail (assertion=0x7f8663ae6ad5 "templat->interlaced", file=0x7f8663ae6a78 "../src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video.c", line=91, function=0x7f8663ae6cc0 "nouveau_vp3_video_buffer_create") at assert.c:101
#4  0x00007f8663887a4a in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_drv_video.so
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-07-14, 12:05)fritsch Wrote: Not supported GPU drivers:
Quote:#3  0x00007f86ae891412 in __GI___assert_fail (assertion=0x7f8663ae6ad5 "templat->interlaced", file=0x7f8663ae6a78 "../src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video.c", line=91, function=0x7f8663ae6cc0 "nouveau_vp3_video_buffer_create") at assert.c:101
#4  0x00007f8663887a4a in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_drv_video.so
but it was working...
What can I do to fix it??
I'm not very familiar with linux...
Please ask the the ubuntu forums, the issue has nothing to do with kodi but with your base system's installation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If you have nvidia gfx, install the nvidia binary driver
I'm having the same problem on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS with Kodi 2:17.6+git20180430.1623-final-0bionic

Crashlog:
qicihizoyu (paste)

However I'm using Radeon graphics and Kodi give me these errors:

#3  0x00007f47676c60aa in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#4  0x00007f47676c5dd7 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so

Repeated several times

#3  0x00007f475ce2c5a6 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-8.so.1
#4  0x00007f475ce2c425 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-8.so.1

#5  0x00007f47a8f223c9 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpulse.so.0
#6  0x00007f47a0aa2318 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-11.1.so

#1  0x00007f47a936f83a in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavahi-common.so.3

ERROR: Failed to determine egl config for visual info

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

Everything was running fine until yesterday when I decided to apply the latest Ubuntu updates.
I don't remember exactly what it was, but I indeed recall being Ubuntu base upgrades and graphics related (VDPAU, radeon, Xorg, etc..). It was a small size update and not large driver files.

If I install the Latest Kodi 18.3 version, it works without issues.

But not with the 17.6 Krypton version that I use and cannot live without.

Any comment will be of great help.
Why do you upgrade an old system that you cannot live without and not doing a backup?
(2019-07-15, 19:30)fritsch Wrote: Why do you upgrade an old system that you cannot live without and not doing a backup?

Because I usually perform a backup when I'm switching to a whole new release of Ubuntu, and not with small update files that show up every week.

I've reinstalled Ubuntu from scratch, the Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS version available from their website.
On the first launch I didn't upgrade anything from the huge list of available packages and just performed an installation of Kodi and its required packages.
I still get the same window crash or black image on videos.

Certainly there's a package here that needs to be downgraded to return Kodi's playback, if you could help me and point a direction:

curl
i965-va-driver
kodi
kodi-bin
libaacs0
libass9
libbdplus0
libbluray2
libcec4
libcrossguid0
libcurl4
libgif7
libllvm8
libmad0
libmicrohttpd12
libmysqlclient20
libnfs11
libp8-platform2
libpcrecpp0v5
libshairplay0
libtinyxml2.6.2v5
libva-drm2
libva-x11-2
libva2
libvdpau1
mesa-utils
mesa-va-drivers
mesa-vdpau-drivers
mysql-common
python-bluez
python-olefile
python-pil
python-simplejson
va-driver-all
vdpau-driver-all
Most likely mesa. To get kodi starting, but without hw acceleration remove mesa-vdpau-drivers

and wait until ubuntu fixes it
Thank you for reply.

I downgraded this package without success.

I figured that Kodi plays a very simple .webm small video, but not high-def codecs.
Once again. It told you to remove it, not to downgrade it. You have a problem with your hw acceleration. It plays webm, cause it does not have hw acceleration for this.
Yes fritsch, I tried both, removed and downgraded.

I've found a solution:

Install the latest open-source drivers that are not available on bionic repositories.

Add the PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt upgrade

The following packages will be upgraded:
  libdrm-amdgpu1 libdrm-common libdrm-intel1 libdrm-nouveau2 libdrm-radeon1
  libdrm2 libegl-mesa0 libegl1-mesa libgbm1 libgl1-mesa-dri libgl1-mesa-glx
  libglapi-mesa libglx-mesa0 libllvm8 libwayland-egl1-mesa libxatracker2
  mesa-va-drivers mesa-vdpau-drivers mesa-vulkan-drivers

(In my case for radeon graphics, just accept them all)

Afterwards, reconfigure these packages just to be safe:

sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm3 ubuntu-session

Reboot your computer.

And voilà, Kodi player is returned.

However I'm working with the Ubuntu community for a solution with the default drivers, that were released specifically optimized for Ubuntu 18 environment and made with hard effort.
These oibaf drivers don't give a good video quality.

I'll update this topic with the definitive solution.
Nothing on the default ubuntu mesa package is specifically optimized. Oibaf's builds are somewhat, but most importantly, they are much newer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi v 2.19.0 won't open after some update on ubuntu0