Library update hangs on "Preparing 0%"
Hi

I've recently spotted that library updates hang on 0%.
Debug log at https://paste.kodi.tv/exicoweber.
I'm guessing looking at it that one issue is that it appears to be using an old ip address for my NAS (since I've now changed subnet) but the log says that's just for some specific files rather than the share UNCs, which is rather puzzling.
The new ip address is listed in the UI under library sources and is reachable just fine, so why is the old one appearing in the debug log? I'm running on CE in case that makes any difference.

Of course I may be totally off and the issue is something else! ;-)
Appreciate any help. (I'd really rather avoid deleting all the sources as adding them all back is really painful with the on-screen keyboard)
Anyone any ideas?
Have you actually removed the old source from within Kodi (see https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...ove_Source) and then run 'Clean library' afterwards ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
There are a few things happening in the log, but lets start with the most obvious one...
xml:
SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://USERTongue[email protected]/vol4/films%203/The.Favourite.2018.DVDScr.Xvid.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8%5bEtMovies%5d/The.Favourite.2018.DVDScr.Xvid.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8/The.Favourite.2018.DVDScr.Xvid.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8/The.Favourite.2018.DVDScr.Xvid.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8.avi'
unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'
Problem with permissions or connections to your server?

But I think the real problem is this...
xml:
DEBUG: CWebServer[8080]: request received for /jsonrpc
There are a lot of these in your log, and each event takes 5 seconds and seems to run when your Update Library is running.

I don't know what you are using it for but as a test can you go to Services and disable Item 1.1 ... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/Control
Now run your update library. Any delays in the library update?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Bah - reply notifications don't seem to be sending out an email so I missed these responses and ended up resetting Kodi.
However previously I had only edited the ip addresses of the sources (from 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.1.3) and not actually removed them (since it allowed this and share access worked fine afterwards) plus adding a new source is a PITA due to the onscreen keyboard being clunky to use, my air mouse keyboard doesn't show the function state (so the wrong character keeps appearing) and the password field is obscured so I have to guess that the right character has been entered.

Then I tried removing several sources to see if that would make any difference but then the subsequent library clean ended up hanging the box, so I had to resort to a reset.

Thanks for the replies anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update hangs on "Preparing 0%"0