Channel Capacity on PVR
Can someone tell me what is the most channels the Nextpvr Kodi addon can load?  Thanks
There is no specific limit. If your backend machine is slow, Kodi might timeout with a huge list. NextPVR v5 is much quicker at loading the channel information than NextPVR v4 was. 

I have managed to successfully have the NextPVR kodi addon load a few thousand channels with a NextPVR v5 backend.
Most of the timeouts I have seen are with VOD from IPTV so if you are having difficulties disable those.  There is also a curl default timeout of 10s for transfer that might need tweaking in advancedsetttings.xml

Martin
So, V.5 can handle more. Thank you i will update. Also, I am using several IPTV playlists and is that a problem? Using KODI the channels don't load. Thanks for the feedback.
The channel load time is improved in v5 considerably.  Whether a user will take the time and special configuration for 10 or 15k channels with lots of groups that some people try to load remains to be tested. 

It is not a NextPVR issue it is simply a timeout issue and configuration of things like how often to request channel updates when there is no EPG

Martin
(2019-07-18, 03:50)emveepee Wrote: The channel load time is improved in v5 considerably.  Whether a user will take the time and special configuration for 10 or 15k channels with lots of groups that some people try to load remains to be tested. 

It is not a NextPVR issue it is simply a timeout issue and configuration of things like how often to request channel updates when there is no EPG. I think that this many channels is to much for v.

Martin

Thank you. Currently i am testing 14,000 channels and I know thats alot, But the v.5 is beta and I am having a hard time with it so far. I have installed it with the new logo with green background but I am getting an error message Micrsoft.NET Framework from the desktop option stating "the system cannot find the file specified". 14,000 channels is too much for version 4.24. You agree? I'll keep on trying and see what happens. Thanks. Any input would be appreciated.
I agree14k channels is too much for any PVR, it doesn't make much sense bothering loading all that guide info. I'm sure if you post your NextPVR problem with logs on the NextPVR forum someone can help get you going.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Capacity on PVR0