Music cuts out
I have a Ematic Jetstream 4K Ultra HD and an Xbox One X both running KODI 18.3. Movies, TV shows, Pictures, mkv, mp4, and avi play just fine. But I do have an issue playing my music collection it plays but cuts out randomly just for a microsecond sometimes then continues to play. I have rewired the house with CAT 7 recently but had this problem before that. However the Jetstream is in my bedroom and on wireless because it is so close to the router. I experience this issue on both devices. Speedtest on both devices show that they are working great. My music collection is in mp3 format 48000 Hz and variable bitrate. I have also tried playing the files from a USB drive and had the same issue. I have been searching the Forum and Wiki for a solution but found none So I decided to see if anyone else had this issue or any advice.
I am trying to provide as much information as I can. I am using NFS on Manjaro Linux to serve my files. On the Manjaro computer the music plays without issue.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok I think I got it I hope the URL is https://paste.kodi.tv/uposomuvus

I also thought since I restarted KODI that it might be a good idea to post the old logs from the last time KODI ran as well http://paste.kodi.tv/silemokubi

Thank you very much for the help.
(2019-07-15, 03:20)inkrypted Wrote: My music collection is in mp3 format 48000 Hz and variable bitrate.

I don't see any mp3 file being playing in the debug log file.
Thanks. Did you replicate the problem? I don't see you playing anything. If you did, can you tell me the name of the track and I will search it in the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes I did I was listening to Animals by Maroon 5 and Blackout by Breath Carolina both of which exhibited the problem.

Thank you all so much for looking through these logs. I took a look at them and all I have to say is they are very extensive but like you I could not find where I played a single song. Shall I do it again?
Nope, neither are in there.

Did you restart Kodi after you played the songs? You may have uploaded the wrong log if you did. You needed to upload kodi.old.log. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file#kodi.log...di.old.log
My Signature
The second link I put in my post was the old log I think I chose Post the old log file, from the last time Kodi ran. I think maybe I should try it again without rebooting what do you say Karellen?
Restart Kodi,
play the music so it skips as you explained above.
once done, open the logfile uploader addon and upload the log without restarting.
post the link.

If you don't restart after playing the music, then no need to upload the kodi.old.log file.
My Signature
Ok hopefully I did it right this time. https://paste.kodi.tv/idexucebiv

The songs that gave me the issue were Classic by MKTO and International Love by Pitbull feat. Chris Brown

Thanks for all the help and advice Karellen and everyone else that has helped.
Might be related: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15194
Do you use crossfade? There are files with different samplerates in your queue (44/48 khz) and Kodi sometimes chokes when crossfading those in my experience (I notice this on high resolution files with different channel layouts).
(2019-07-15, 09:31)HeresJohnny Wrote: Might be related: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15194
Do you use crossfade? There are files with different samplerates in your queue (44/48 khz) and Kodi sometimes chokes when crossfading those in my experience (I notice this on high resolution files with different channel layouts).

Thank you for the help but the permissions on the NFS shares on Manjaro are the same for every folder and file inside so it would seem like it would also effect my other files as well. I do not use crossfade but again thanks for the suggestion. Also I am using NFSv4.
Are you using a visualizer at the same time?   I get intermittent drop-outs when playing music and projectM at the same time (for certain presets).
(2019-07-15, 17:38)jasn Wrote: Are you using a visualizer at the same time?   I get intermittent drop-outs when playing music and projectM at the same time (for certain presets).

Yes I am using the spectrum visualizer and the lyrics add on but I have disabled them to see if it made a difference and I still got the same issue. I have also set different audio options to see if it made a difference. I have tried things like.

Under System then Audio
1. I have set Output Configuration to best match
2. Set Resample Quality to Low (Fast)
3. Keep audio device alive I have tried Off and Always (Now set back to default of 1 minute)

Thanks for the suggestions though. I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music cuts out0