Release script.embuary.helper - a skin helper service / widgets alternative
(2020-02-19, 06:35)ntilikp Wrote:
(2020-02-16, 22:22)sualfred Wrote: Yep, it's not nice but costs nearly nothing

Hey man, this might be a weird question, but is there any way to replicate what your "Continue Watching" TV Show episode widget does as a smartplaylist? I ask because my kodi machine is pretty slow, so it takes ~30 seconds to populate the widget, and I saw this post from the author of the Bingie skin: 
Quote:Can widget loading be faster? Regarding loading of widgets: Widgets from library node/smartplaylist will be much much faster than widgets from plugin source, including skin helper widgets that does a pre-processing. Most of the widgets are possible to make with only smartplaylists, with the exception of Mixed media and widgets based on trakt/tmdb or other plugin source. 
This led me to believe I could re-create your widget -- which is a God send -- as a smart playlist so that it loads more swiftly on my resource-poor machine.  Sorry for the bother 
@ntilikp , unfortunately, there is no way, as far as I know, without an addon, to get what the next unwatched episode for your recently played tv shows is.  It is easy with a playlist to show the in-progress episodes, but if you do not have any in-progress episode, I don't know of a way with a playlist to get the next unwatched one.  Say for example that you just finished watching episode 3 of season 2 of a show.  You would want the widget to show you episode 4 as part of "Continue Watching", correct? Well, if you have no other unwatched episodes in previous seasons of the show, then a smart playlist that shows unwatched episodes of recently played tv shows will show you that episode. 

However, if, say, you also did not watch episode 2 of season 1, then the unwatched playlist will show you that episode before episode 4 of season 2.  That is because it cannot distinguish between the first unwatched episode of the show and the "next" unwatched episode after the one you last watched.  That is why you need an addon.  At least, that is the way I understand it.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: script.embuary.helper - a skin helper service / widgets alternative - by bsoriano - 2020-02-19, 15:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.embuary.helper - a skin helper service / widgets alternative3