Kodi Leia - Can seem to get Custom Menus to source locations to work?
Hi there.. I am not sure where to post this.. but thought this would be the correct place as I am using Kodi on a Android TVBox.

Anyway, I have been using the app from xbmc days and as the functionality became available have been using custom menu items (mainly in Aeon and it's forks)... basically instead of having a general MOVIES for example I had a menu called "Kids" and another called "Docos" and another called "Films"... how it worked was that I had sources set up to go to directories on my drives and so the all the KID films would be in a source called KIDS... etc etc. This way my large collection could be more organized. I know there are other ways but it has been working for so many years I am super used to it.

So you go into skin settings, edit the menu item and edit the action. Go to Video Library / Source / and then select the source I set up called KIDS... then a menu pops up and you go create menu item here... now you get another option were I select Movies.

That is how it always used to work as far as I can remember but when I do that and go to the menu item, instead of a "film view"... that only has the files in that source I get what looks like a file system.... 

I just can't get it to work at all.

Any ideas?
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Sounds like a question specific to Aeon Nox. I'll move your post there.

There is a guide here... Custom home items (wiki) Follow it and you might pick up where the mistake is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Leia - Can seem to get Custom Menus to source locations to work?0