Solved New to Kodi Can't Play m2ts at all VOBs play fine
Sorry if I haven't included any files, but really don't know how to get them.

I just installed a skystream 3 plus that came with Android 8.1 oreo and Kodi Leia already installed.

I added all my movies and the VOBs play, but not the m2ts files.  The m2ts files play fine in other players.

Exact Versions:

Android 8.1.0 security patch June 5, 2018 API Level 27
Kernel Linux 4.9.76
Kodi 18.3

Any help would be appreciated.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-19, 00:21)housenoth Wrote: Sorry if I haven't included any files, but really don't know how to get them.

I just installed a skystream 3 plus that came with Android 8.1 oreo and Kodi Leia already installed.

I added all my movies and the VOBs play, but not the m2ts files.  The m2ts files play fine in other players.

Exact Versions:

Android 8.1.0 security patch June 5, 2018 API Level 27
Kernel Linux 4.9.76
Kodi 18.3

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

I turned on the logging, but the issue has resolved itself.  Not sure why, but please close this thread.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to Kodi Can't Play m2ts at all VOBs play fine0