Video Library Display Configuration
Hi All

Have been scanning video into my library and would like to know whether it is possible to change the fields which Kodi displays when browsing the video library.

If, for example, I move the selection bar over a title, then on the right Kodi shows a large image of the film's poster, and on the left, a tagline, plot outline.

I would like to change this so that on the left it also displays the director's name, country of production, and original title. Is there any way to personalise the fields displayed on the left?

Thanks
You would have to hunt around the different views in each of the different skins. I am not aware of any views that will show all those fields in the same view without going to the Information Page.

You will have to put on your skinners cap like so many of us have.

Start off by clarifying which skin you are using. Then it would be a good idea to take a screenshot of the view, then edit it in photoshop or similar and mark up what you want to appear and where.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-20, 01:59)Karellen Wrote: You would have to hunt around the different views in each of the different skins. I am not aware of any views that will show all those fields in the same view without going to the Information Page.

You will have to put on your skinners cap like so many of us have.

Start off by clarifying which skin you are using. Then it would be a good idea to take a screenshot of the view, then edit it in photoshop or similar and mark up what you want to appear and where.
OK, thanks, so it might be possible to customise, but it involves a bit more work. I don't really know much about skins...will look through the skins section of the wiki. I'm using Estuary at the moment.
Just a quick question about skins.

Is what I want to modify called the Movies 'view'? If it's a separate file, could I simply replace that part of the code where it points towards the 'tagline' with 'director' or something along those lines? So everything would be the same except instead of displaying the tagline, it would display director? Would it be that easy?
(2019-07-20, 02:20)Tstrbl Wrote: Is what I want to modify called the Movies 'view'?
Probably not. I don't know what skin you are using, but the "view" files all have specific names, not generic "movies view" or "tv show view".

But what you are implying that by finding the correct view, you can change the xml code is correct but may not be that simple. The code will certainly appear in the "view" file, but it is possible that the code links to another file such as Variables.xml or Includes.xml or variations of those names and it is those files you may need to modify instead.

Best to install this if you don't already have it, find the area you want to change and analyse the code... https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Of some help... https://kodi.wiki/view/First_skin_tutorial

Adding the following to the Global section of your keyboard.xml file will allow you to refresh Kodi to quickly see changes and display the name of the xml file for the currently displayed screen.
xml:
<F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
<F6>Skin.ToggleDebug()</F6>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library Display Configuration0