How to set up Kodi for music slide shows?
(2019-07-22, 00:55)pkscout Wrote: OK, I'm kind of jumping in here on the end, but I think my Estuary skin mod *might* do what you want.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143

There is an option in that skin mod to not scale images found by Artist Slideshow (Skin settings > Artwork) and an option to have the slideshow start immediately upon starting the music (also in Skin settings > Artwork).  That mod also only dims the screen at the beginning of a song when the song information is displayed.  After that it shows the images at full brightness.  If you just want to use AS to show your family pictures, there's an option in AS to use an override folder.  That folder will then be shown no matter the artist.  If you're going to do that, you can also turn off all the other sources so you're not downloading images you're never going to use.

Thanks, it sounds like exactly what I need - I'll give it a try.

I don't have yet our large 4K TV, but I can already try to play with Kodi on my 4K monitor (it has HDMI inputs). I'll try to feed the Artistic Slideshow with 4K photos (rescaling turned off), to see if my images are properly displayed in 4K.
Something else to check I'm pretty sure that the AS images are cached in the thumbnail folder, and by default 1920 is the largest thumbnail (if you set your Kodi resolution to 4k.  You can change that in advancedsettings.xml.

scott s.
(2019-07-22, 17:29)scott967 Wrote: Something else to check I'm pretty sure that the AS images are cached in the thumbnail folder, and by default 1920 is the largest thumbnail (if you set your Kodi resolution to 4k.  You can change that in advancedsettings.xml.

scott s.

Thanks, good to know. I wonder if image caching can be completely disabled? I am using wired ethernet, so do not need caching.
I can't make AS display my images in full resolution (4k), on a 4k monitor. The TV box tells me that it's in 4k mode (2160px30). I created the file advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder, with the following content:

<advancedsettings>
  <imageres>9999</imageres>
  <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>

(following https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#cache), then restarted Kodi. But AS only displays my images in 1080p resolution.

Any idea why?
Did you configure this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2809694

Do your photos display as 4K in the Pictures section?
I did set Set GUI resolution limit to "Unlimited", but the GUI resolution is still shown as 1920x1080px30 in the same window (after I restart Kodi). In Pictures (Kodi), image only shows in 1080p. BTW, the Android's app Gallery also shows the photo in 1080p. I wonder if it's a problem with my TV Box. The TV Box resolution shows "4k2k_30p", but all GUI elements are at 1080p. The TV box is M9C Max 4K. Android is pretty old (6.0.1), and is not upgradeble from the box.
yes it could be a hardware restriction
(2019-07-20, 15:24)pulsar124 Wrote: For years I have been contemplating switching to Android TV boxes from my current setup, but the biggest obstacle was that I couldn't figure out how to reproduce one feature of my current media steamers (Popcorn Hour players, 8-10 years old) which we use all the time on Kodi. I'd appreciate if anyone gave me pointers in the right direction (or told me that this is just not possible under Kodi).

Here is what I am trying to achieve with Kodi:
  • I have a giant (15,000) collection of my family jpeg pics which are stored in one networked folder. They are already properly scaled down (width <=1920 pixels, height <=1080 pixels), so no re-scaling is needed by Kodi when displayed on a 1080p TV.
  • My music files collection is also stored as networked folders.
  • I want to be able to quickly (2-3 clicks) navigate to one of my music folders, then start playing all of the music files there, including subfolders, in a random order (shuffle).
  • When music starts playing, I want random images from my collection to be displayed full screen, also in a random order. No re-scaling should be done. I don't care about transition effects (so it's either None, or perhaps Dissolve). I don't want anything else to be displayed while music is playing.
  • Regardless of which music folder I am listening to, I want the same image folder to be used for the slide show.

I have very little experience with Kodi, so I am at loss if this can be achieved. My understanding is that I'd need an add-on, though not quite sure which one. Perhaps I also need a custom skin? I tried Artistic Slideshow addon with the most recent Kody release (default skin), and kind of got what I wanted, but not quite. The music played in random order, while my images where displayed in a random order, but: (a) images were very dim, (b) images were scaled to fit the width of the screen, which for many of my images cut off the top and bottom, and © slide show is not enabled by default, I always have to click to enable it after the music starts. Unfortunately, the add-on didn't have any options to disable image re-scaling. Finally, in the default setup it takes too many clicks to get to the music folder I need (there must be a way to make folders the only option displayed by Kodi - I don't want to see all these "Artist", "Genre" etc options).

Any help would be appreciated. 
A completely different solution. I base all of my skin selections on a very similar requirement to yours, file browser music rather than library & a curated screen image selection in random order.
Use Titan Bingie mode skin.
Background settings > Global background > Custom Multi Image (folder) <this folder is simply where all those image files of yours are. by default this also makes these images the background for home & menu views (which I like, Titan also has the option to override this by home &/or menu). Lower down set to randomize the order.
Then under "Playback & OSD" set "Always open fullscreen playback" (The one difference is that I prefer the song title etc to always be on screen. Which is the next optional setting "Do not hide OSD Infopanel". You may need to turn off some other settings here, like music/artist info that'll try to fill the screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set up Kodi for music slide shows?0